Vox Ac15 Heritage / 8 Ohm Vs 16 Ohm Speaker?

Discussion in 'Other Amps' started by 67Mopar, Feb 10, 2019.

1. 67Mopar

67Mopar Well-Known Member

I purchased a VOX AC15 Heritage this evening. As with all VOX amps, the 1x12 cabinet is fitted with a 16 Ohm speaker. I have an 8 Ohm Alnico Cream that I want to use in the cabinet, but I'm not familiar enough with the AC15 circuit to know if this will cause a change in the sound. I've used 8 and 16 Ohm speakers in Marshall's for years, and have never noticed a difference. Maybe a slight difference, but nothing that would make me choose one over the other.

Question: Should I sell the 8 Ohm Cream, and purchase a 16 Ohm, or just use the 8 Ohm speaker?

2. mickeydg5

mickeydg5 Well-Known Member VIP Member

If it has an 8 and 16 ohm output selector then try both. Which do you like best?

If you intend on using the combo combined with the 1x12 then you require two 16 ohm impedances anyway.

There will always be differences in sound between different types of speakers.

67Mopar likes this.
  3. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Well, if you HAVE it, and IT has an 8 ohm tap... why not try and experiment??

67Mopar likes this.
  4. 67Mopar

67Mopar Well-Known Member

I don't have it. After checking history details, I'm not so sure I'm going to get it. Per seller history: He sold the same amp back in 2017, but never shipped it to the buyer. According to the buyer, he also refused to respond to messages. I guess he decided to keep it? I sent a message requesting carrier information, but have not received a response.

Whenever I sell an item, I send a "thank you" message, just to establish continuity between myself and the buyer.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019