Voodoo Lab Giggity

Discussion in 'The Tone Zone' started by dexter74, Apr 22, 2012.

1. dexter74

dexter74 New Member

Anyone tried one of these pedals? Demos sound good, gets that Eric Johnson sound pretty much down pat. Wondering if anyone has tried the Giggity or any other 'sonic-footprint' shapers like the BBE Sonic Maximizer.

Regards.

2. SkinnyJ

SkinnyJ New Member

I have a BBE Sonic Stomp that I use regularly. It is hard to describe exactly what it does to the sound. It is something that becomes apparent when you turn it off. When it is off, my Class 5 and '800 sound like someone put a blanket over them. I want to say it adds "brightness" to the sound, but that still doesn't seem right, as it is not adding treble. It is more that the sound becomes clearer and more defined.

3. mickeydg5

mickeydg5 Well-Known Member VIP Member

It is similar to what Rocktron called "a signal EXCITER/IMAGER." Like the SONIC in stomp. Does that describe it a little better?

It seems the Giggity adds gain voicing/overdrive too.

4. dexter74

dexter74 New Member

Do you find the BBE works equally well with either a Strat or Les Paul? All demos of the Giggity use a Strat, and it really fattens it up the sound nicely, but wonder if these type of pedals are overkill for a Les Paul.

5. SkinnyJ

SkinnyJ New Member

The effect is consistent using a strat or a Les Paul.

6. dexter74

dexter74 New Member

Thanks for the info. Do you put it at the end of your pedal chain or first? Also, is it very noisy?

7. Lespaulnmarshall

Lespaulnmarshall Well-Known Member

I'd love to try the giggity. On the sonic maximizer/stomp, it's one of those pedals that sounds wonderful the first time you turn it on, after that first time you tried it you leave it n all the time, then a couple month to a couple years later you accidentky leave it off or forget to bring it to a gig and realize how much better your tone is without it.

8. dexter74

dexter74 New Member

Interesting observation. Best tone I ever got was from a 2-12 Peavey 100 watt amp, no effects, just the Les Paul and fingers. So you are probably right. But I still can't help wanting to buy more pedals. Need to start a 'pedals addiction anonymus' (PAA?) chapter.

9. SkinnyJ

SkinnyJ New Member

Right now, it is on my home setup. It goes ADA MP-1 preamp, Sonic Stomp, Class 5.