Vintage Marshall Dust Covers?

Discussion in 'Let's Talk Vintage' started by Trapland, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Trapland

Trapland Well-Known Member

I'm curious to see some of the factory covers for pre jcm900 heads and cabs. I have a Studio 15 with a cloudy white cover, some recent era stuff too, but nothing from back in the day that's original. Whatcha got?

2. neikeel

neikeel Well-Known Member

I have a couple of different types. The oldest are canvass with gold embossed Marshall script then later with textured vinyl with canvas backing and white piping also gold script. Similar ones with thinner vinyl and white piping. Ones from 90s which are quite hard plastic vinyl and gold piping, oh and modern shiny waterproof material ones for one of my 100w and a 4x12. I think those came with the HW series?
    Are there more?

3. Kris Ford

Kris Ford Well-Known Member

I have seen a mid 70's JMP cover in what looked like frosted clear shower curtain material, (betcha the same as the cloudy white you mention, and yellow with time to any degree), with the piping border and gold Marshall script stencil..and the exact same in black vinyl.

I *think* my buddy's '80 2203 has those frosted clear covers..I will have to reach out...

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  4. Blueslicks

Blueslicks Well-Known Member

5. London John

London John Active Member

Yes, I have 66 in tolex, although this could be a one-of as it has a logo printed onto the side.

I have a late 65 in a thick, green canvas backed, black tolex. Same for an early 67 cab.

I also have an early 68 PA20 full cover set (PA columns too), and this is made from the same tolex as used to cover the head and columns.

CoyotesGator and tomsvintage like this.
  6. tomsvintage

tomsvintage Active Member

I have some head and cab covers in clear ( faded to yellow from cig smoke I guess ) and some with smooth black tolex with the gold Marshall lettering and white piping ( same black tolex used for heads and cabs that London John mentioned ).

I just won an ebay auction for an old Marshall black tolex slant cab cover from 65-66 with cutouts for the top strap handles and white piping.

I plan to make some replica covers soon from the dimensions taken off the original Marshall covers.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    CoyotesGator likes this.
  7. kuli

kuli Member

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    tomsvintage likes this.