Valvestate and tone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Phil Nic 11, May 16, 2019 at 3:30 AM.

1. Phil Nic 11

Phil Nic 11 New Member

Hi fellow Marshall players,
    I have a valvestate 2000 Dfx 100w which I used to use a zoom 1010 Multifx and a boss multifx, or simply make use of the array of fxs
    Straight into the amp

I am interested in tone of John Mayer and all as wondering if I can create a blues tone with this amp or should I move it on with it not being a full tube amp

If any one can advise on setup of this amp alongside individual pedals that would be appreciated....

I am new to individual pedals but quite like the idea of getting a few if this is possible to use overdrives with this amp and get a good sound

I was thinking boss bd2, klon clone such as j rocket archer and a tube screamer
    Any feedback or points would be greatly received....

2. Mitchell Pearrow

Mitchell Pearrow Well-Known Member

:welcome: To the machine, the Marshall forum please enjoy your stay , you now must post clips of your amp. just kidding. Cheers Mitch

Phil Nic 11 likes this.
  3. Mitchell Pearrow

Mitchell Pearrow Well-Known Member

I am not familiar with your amp, so I am sorry I cannot answer your questions , post this in the Marshall amps colum, and you will get quite a few more responses than the introduce yourself section. Cheers Mitch

Phil Nic 11 likes this.
  4. Wooferhead1

Wooferhead1 Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard:dude:

Phil Nic 11 likes this.
  5. tubes

tubes Well-Known Member

Welcome Phil.

I see you already have discussions ongoing about the tones you are looking for so I won't add clutter here.

Welcome to the forum. Hope you find what you seek.

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.