Up grade of Strat pups

Discussion in 'The Tone Zone' started by BanditPanda, Oct 7, 2019.

1. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

Sounds great but doesnt guarantee it will sound like that in your guitar or through your rig. I wish there was a guarantee I'd order that pickup right now! :yesway:

Lo-Tek likes this.
  2. Lo-Tek

Lo-Tek Well-Known Member

I think that's an original 59 though he doesn't specify. The Lollars will get that type of tone (I'm sure others will too). That dude is considerably better than me but I bet if he played my guitar thru his rig it would sound very similar. Bridge pickups are strange on Strats but some people use them- Beck, SRV, Hendrix, Gary Moore etc.
    This dude Isiaih from Earthless makes the bridge pickup sound good.

pedecamp likes this.
  3. Neil Skene

Neil Skene Well-Known Member

Chuck on a few FX and I like the stockers (Lace Sensors) in my 80's Strat with a Full shred in the bridge.
    Fiddling around with this idea tonight swapping from the neck to the bridge.
    Thought it might be worth a listen in this thread, as a change is as good as a holiday they say.
    Maybe there are lots of choices you would like but I bet once installed you will think, Hmm what would those sound like.
    I like swapping and trying new pickups but have sort of settled back on this setup in this guitar after a long journey.
    Have fun:)

4. Petejax1234

Petejax1234 Member

I bought a really nice Strat a few years ago with kinman noiseless pickups and they are so good.

tallcoolone likes this.