Unloaded Speaker Question

Discussion in 'Cabinets & Speakers' started by clutch71, Mar 17, 2019.

1. clutch71

clutch71 Well-Known Member

I have rolled so many cabinets and speakers over the years but now own a 1960 B (loaded with four G12EVH's) and a DIY 1x12 (G12V Marshall Vintage). Loose I have 3 G12V's that have been boxed for several years. They were broken in when I got them. Will splitting up a quad, using some of them, and then reloading them into a 4x12 impact the tone? My gut says no since they were broke in. The amount of wear received individually won't matter once back together.
    The G12V in the diy 1x12 sounds great with my Baron Snott Watt but I may try a G12H30 down the road which would free up the quad. Thoughts?

2. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Keep beer and sugary drinks away from em, make sure nothing decides to chew on em, and all will be well

3. clutch71

clutch71 Well-Known Member

Beer goes wherever I go so no promises there. Kept in dry, clean environment.

soundboy57 likes this.
  4. GIBSON67

GIBSON67 Well-Known Member

Unless you completely and continuously overpowered your 1x12, then they should all still be equal as far as break in.

If you're not using the G12V's, then sell them and get what you want.