UFC - Rhonda Rousey get's her a$$ kicked !

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by HOT TUBES 70, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Teryn

Teryn Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want to meet either, in a dark alley.... or would I? :naughty:

2. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

What game plan? Rhonda looked bad. Didn't even come out looking like a professional fighter. Whoever was in her corner telling her that what she was doing was ok, well... :facepalm:

They should have yelled at her for chasing Holly around so wildly. Once Holly saw what was going on, it was easy enough for her to just keep running & pick her apart. Rhonda didn't even look like she was in shape. What did she do, pork out after weigh-ins?

It was obvious though, that Jackson was the better coach, or the only coach. Maybe that's part of Rhonda's ego, that she didn't need a coach...

3. MonstersOfTheMidway

MonstersOfTheMidway Well-Known Member

4. TheSunShinesThrough

TheSunShinesThrough Well-Known Member

I was about to say, perfect girlfriend for you!

5. chiliphil1

chiliphil1 Well-Known Member

I agree to a point, the UFC is ignorant. I've never been into boxing either, there is no camaraderie, there is no honor in it. They have turned honorable competition between athletes into a circus. I am a martial artist and I believe in the old ways, people have always fought, it just hasn't always been on TV for millions of dollars.

Rousey became a victim of her own hype, she's never been challenged and never trained properly. I'm not saying she isn't a real fighter or that she's not in shape, obviously she is but Holly trained to BEAT ronda, where as ronda trained to show up, throw a lock and get paid. She has never been up against a real fighter, someone who isn't a student of BJJ. When all you know is throw and lock then this happens when you come up against someone who can stand and fight, she never even got close.

6. Swede

Swede Well-Known Member

I am certainly guilty of having banged uglier chicks in my life.

7. Teryn

Teryn Well-Known Member

Which one? :lol:

Nah man, I was with the body-building, strong as heLL, crazy as heLL, ex military type before... I shall not go down that path again :cool: but then again...

8. SonVolt

SonVolt Well-Known Member VIP Member

The best thing the UFC ever did was expose the "old ways" for the bull shit scams they were. Not all, obviously - muay thai, boxing, wrestling, jui-jitsu etc are very valid. Now your Karate and Tai Kwon Do the kids have been doing for the last hundred years? Little more than active day care. "Honor" just means pay for the belts and hope you never actually get into a fight... god bless the UFC and mixed martial arts. So long the charlatans heading every dojo across the US for the last 50 years... good riddance.

9. Swede

Swede Well-Known Member

A karate or tae kwon do expert can most likely kick anybody ass...Youre assuming everyone you meet on the streets are trained martial artists.

Dont forget they are self defense sports and not attack sports....Evading, avoiding is all part of the training.

10. Australian

Australian Green Beret VIP Member

What did you expect? Jelly wrestling went out of fashion years ago. Get with the times.

11. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

It's all just different skillsets. That's why it's called "mixed" martial arts. To say that Rhonda, who competed in the Olympics, never trained properly, is a bit misguided. She has had access to some of the best trainers in the UFC, it's just for this fight, she threw it all out & went in looking like an amateur...

As for Karate, Lyoto Machida is a good example of someone who has been successful w/ the Karate skillset. Royce Gracie did good when BJJ was misunderstood, but that, for the most part doesn't stand alone anymore. You need some other skills to be able to use your BJJ to your advantage.

Kudos to Holly & the Jackson team. I'm not a big Jackson fan, but they sure showed up as determined champ's to the championship fight...

12. Teryn

Teryn Well-Known Member

My brother is a Tae Kwon Do instructor, 3rd degree black belt... he's all about honor and discipline. The most honorable, disciplined person I have ever known. That's what he teaches... for free, I might add. He has a day job and teaches Tae Kwon Do and Rape Prevention classes the rest of the time, because he's passionate about helping kids (my brothers and I had a very rough, messed up childhood). But, even he would have to agree with most of what you said. He struggled with lame instructors and so-called experts for quite a while, before he decided to go abroad and learn from the real guys and gals, in Korea. Now he's so kick@ss that no one dares mess with him. People who have, end up on the ground in a heap, without him even throwing a punch. He uses their own strength against them. Seen him do it.
    So yeah, he says the US is crap for most "Martial Arts"... but learn the real stuff and you're a bad@ss. He taught me plenty :cool: this makes me want to get my punching bag set up again :lol:

13. Australian

Did RRowsey think she had a chance?
    The other girl was stronger, fitter and quicker.
    It will be interesting to see if she can come back from that pounding.
    Sorry to say this but I think we just witnessed that women dont have that never say die attitude like male MMA fighters.

14. SonVolt

Any of you Aussies got see the fight live? Nathan? Anyone?

15. SonVolt

I'm sure your brother is cool - I'm more speaking about the strip-mall blackbelt sub$cription programs 99% of the kids took in the '70s, '80s & '90s before the facade was blown down by UFC 1 and the Gracies. Up until that time martial arts relied heavily on mysticism and mystery - all we had to go on was The Karate Kid and Bruce Lee movies. The reality of fighting was for more complex - it took something like the UFC to wake everyone up, me included.

16. LP121

LP121 Active Member

Holm could definitely take care of the Giant Wonder Loaf for you. :naughty:

17. Australian

No, watching two chics disfigure each others faces isnt on my priority list. :)

18. chiliphil1

chiliphil1 Well-Known Member

Oh, I agree completely! There is a name we call places like that, a Mcdojo. What we mean with this is a school where as long as you pay your fees you get your belt, black belt in a year, 2nd dan in 2, 6 year old black belts with uniforms completely covered in patches. These are the things I despise. I think that TKD can be a very serious form of MA but most of the schools here are just money machines, the biggest one is the ATA, they are a nationwide chain and their students are good for nothing but gymnastics with punches.Karate is VERY valid, IF it is a traditional art based on disciple, proper technique, and practical movement. Not the big flashy stuff but the real deal, defense based, not sport based. My current instructor said when I started " I don't train people to score points, if you want that go somewhere else" My original training was in the Chuck Norris super system which was created as a fighting system, not traditional but fight based by someone who had a little experience with it. This is the style that I am an instructor in, I'm currently just starting out in Japanese Shorin-Ryu karate now.

Also true, in a streetlight the MA practitioner will have a huge advantage provided that their training is valid. If you go to the local chain TKD school you'd probably be in trouble but if you train in a traditional or combative art you'd be just fine. It depends on whether you learn show or go.

2nd point also true, one of the first precepts of training is learning to NOT fight. If it comes to it you can but the idea is to never have to.

Another great point! The mixed part is what makes it so unique, I think the issue is that most of the competitors these days rely heavily on BJJ which is useless unless you are close. I would never say that the Gracie's are not bad a** but if they came up against someone who practiced Shotokan, Tang Soo Do, or even TKD and knew how to kick and keep distance they would have a big problem, just like Ronda did.

I also didn't mean that Ronda doesn't train or know how, I just think in this case she didn't train properly. I think she relied to much on her own legend and never gave much consideration to the thought that she COULD be beaten, and as a result didn't put in the time she should have. She was completely gassed after the first round, she planned to take her down and force a submission in the first round, when that didn't happen and she had to keep moving she wasn't in shape for it..

Of course I can't say much, I'm way out of shape these days. After the injury I had I've been useless for over a year now and it has definitely caught up with me!

19. JAC

JAC Well-Known Member

20. TheSunShinesThrough

TheSunShinesThrough Well-Known Member

Do you think you could beat up Holly Holm?