TSL60 BR1 (BR102)

Discussion in 'Amplified Parts' started by HetrickMusicTech, Dec 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. HetrickMusicTech

HetrickMusicTech New Member

As it is for probably most small repair shops, parts for older amps are the bane of my existence. It's not unusual to spend far more time sourcing parts/schematics/parts lists than the actual repair.

I needed a bridge rectifier for a TSL60 which I couldn't find anywhere on the Mighty Interwebs. I reached out to Brad at Amplified Parts. He put me in contact with Andrea at JAM. Overnight I had a part number to give to Brad. Whether the part is available or not remains to be seen, but at least I'm headed in the right direction. I'm sure most of y'all can relate.

This is exceptional service.

Here's the info I got from Andrea for archive purposes:

BR1 on the schematic is Marshall BR102. The part number from JAM is M-RECT-00003

If this helps ONE person it's worth my time to post this.

Michael Hetrick
    Hetrick Music Tech
    Boise, ID

Dogs of Doom likes this.
  2. mickeydg5

mickeydg5 Well-Known Member VIP Member

It is nice that Brad and AmplifiedParts helped out As well as Andrea. Good for you.

What is JAM?

As long as the rating is 200V and 10A or better you are good. I found it on the net quite easily. How did you search?

My question is why doesn't AmplifiedParts have a suitable part for that?

https://www.newark.com/genesic-semiconductor/br102/bridge-rectifier-single-phase/dp/19T8947
    https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Rectron/BR102?qs=G5AQjGfRJcJJRxXnmYlBrQ==
    https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/micro-commercial-co/BR102-BP/BR102-BP-ND/7319976

3. HetrickMusicTech

Thanks for the above info! I am working from a schematic on an amp I've not worked with before. I had no technical data and thus not sure what the ratings were.

4. JohnH

JohnH Well-Known Member

Those BR102's seem to be common on the jcm2000's. In dsl combos from that era, they are famous for overheating and then stressing/melting their solder joints, which then cuts out heater supply to the first 3 tubes. Its about a 20mm black square with one chamfer?

You can replace it with with a bigger more badass BR, and some have done that. But I used a BR106, because it was available, and I raised it higher on it's legs and bolted on a heatsink. That model is the same size, and so it's not really a better component since although it has a higher voltage rating, voltage is not a problem. But by mounting it so it can cool better and let less heat and stress get to it's soldering, it works more reliably.

Micky, HetrickMusicTech and mickeydg5 like this.
  5. mickeydg5

Exactly what @JohnH said. :yesway::)
    There are threads here about doing these things.

HetrickMusicTech likes this.
  6. HetrickMusicTech

Indeed there are! I seem to have enhanced search capabilities now that I am a member. I searched on all things BR before joining and did not find all that I am now. I'm using the advice from your DSL401 -loop, tone... post from Apr 2014 now. Thanks for that great info.

7. mickeydg5

Cool. You are welcome. :thumb: