TSL100 JCM2000

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by Dalton, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Jethro Rocker

Jethro Rocker Well-Known Member Premium Member

Really? I find mine one of the easiest to set. Channels balamce well, ch 3 is for solos so its louder. Some NOS tubes and it lost some harshness.
    The Code? That was a tweaker.

Yamariv and Vinsanitizer like this.
  2. Vinsanitizer

Vinsanitizer Forum Support Spec. VIP Member

Yeah, I dunno. I could have had a dud, but how would I know? I was a member of Harmony Central back then, (AKA the absolute worst forum the Internet ever had regardless of topic), and I posted how I felt mine sounded more like a computer motherboard than an actual warm tube amp. I was practically defrocked for that, because let's face it - in world where people went into serious credit debt to buy Marshalls and Mesa they couldn't afford, no one wanted to hear anything other than validation for winning the brass ring of the day. Regardless, I can still state facts about it, hopefully here:

1. I didn't like it.
    2. Many others didn't like it either and moved to the DSL.
    3. It was ultimately discontinued.
    4. Very unfortunately it didn't turn out to be the ultimate, long awaited, Marshall 3-channel amp that both we and Marshall had long hoped for.

I'd be hard tempted to buy a used one today in mint condition for $600. That's the best value I'd put on it. Any more than that and there are much better amps to spend that cash on.

Jethro Rocker likes this.
  3. Jethro Rocker

Jethro Rocker Well-Known Member Premium Member

Granted, most stuff is ultimately discontinued. The 1992 6100 is far more versatile and was 10 years earlier or whatever.

Vinsanitizer likes this.
  4. Vinsanitizer

Vinsanitizer Forum Support Spec. VIP Member

So I have read and heard. I've never had the pleasure of trying one, but I recall when they were released. They were way, WAY out of my affordabilitah back then.

5. Yamariv

Yamariv Well-Known Member

As I've posted many times before..My TSL60 is awesome and beat out the DSL50 head and the 50 got sold. The TSL60 is a great sounding amp and I love all the features and the footswitch which controls it all.

marshalltsl and Jethro Rocker like this.