Tsl 100 Footswitch Wiring For Joyo Pxl Pro

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by xcolbeyx, Jul 16, 2016.

1. xcolbeyx

xcolbeyx New Member

I've been using my TSL for 8 years now, and I've accumulated enough effects pedals that I'm looking into getting a looper/switching device to let me switch channels/fx on simultaneously so I can stop tap dancing as much. I've looked at the Boss ES-8 and that seems rather easy to program and get a pre-made 6 pin din to dual trs cable for. But it's $600+ and I have no use for MIDI. So I found the Joyo PXL Pro which has no MIDI, but 4 separate triggers for controlling the amp. I've found pre made cables and schematics on how to wire the TSL to the TRS cables, but for the Joyo, it seems I would need a custom 6 pin din to 4 TS breakout cables in order to control the 3 channels plus reverb and fx loop.

Has anyone used the PXL Pro with their TSL? Does anyone know if a pre made cable for this exists?
    Or maybe someone could help me dissect the wiring of the 2 TRS cable schematic to turn those into 4 TS cables (assuming that is what I need to make) to make the TSL controllable by the PXL Pro?

Thanks!

2. Len

Len Well-Known Member

So the amp has 2x TRS footswitch interfaces? Just use a paper clip to short the T and R of each cable to the sleeve in order to figure out what controls what. Then buy a couple of "stereo jack to 2x mono plug" adapters to interface to the Joyo.

3. Len

Len Well-Known Member

4. xcolbeyx

xcolbeyx New Member

Actually the stereo jack to dual mono plugs is genius! I've found a 6 pin din to dual trs plug cable that is premade. I would just need those adapters to take the 2 trs plugs into four TS plugs and it should work! Such a simple solution that I obviously needed help figuring out!

I'm okay at soldering but I think I will go with the premade to avoid any hassle/sloppiness of my own doing haha.