This Has To Be A Joke!

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by CraigP, Sep 12, 2019.

1. CraigP

CraigP Well-Known Member

Guy posts in a forum that he is wanting to lose weight, but, it has to be a joke of some sort. Really? Is it just me that can't see what he is "doing wrong"?

"I am a very sedentary person. I don't do any exercise other than walking 2 miles a day."

"What exactly is considered carbs? Does that mean no more Pizza?"

"I been drinking like 4 or 5 bottles of Dr Pepper every day, a pint of ice cream, 3 bowls of cheerios, 6 or 7 scrambled eggs in a omelette, 3 or 4 candy bars, and a couple microwave dinners in a single day."

I sincerely think/hope he is posting as a joke, satire or at the very least some progressive form of rhetoric?

MarshallDog, netlocal and tce63 like this.
  2. netlocal

netlocal Well-Known Member

Super Size Me:agreed:

I dunno. It never occurs to me, when I’m eating a bagel, that I’m eating the equivalent of 5 slices of bread.:facepalm:

tce63, Mitchell Pearrow and CraigP like this.
  3. CraigP

CraigP Well-Known Member

:funny:

tce63 and netlocal like this.
  4. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member

It's the sugar more than the carbs that does you in. High Fructose Corn Syrup is the killer. If you can get away from that and then lower your carb intake you WILL lose pounds.

DaDoc, Derek S, jmp45 and 2 others like this.
  5. BanditPanda

BanditPanda Well-Known Member

2 miles a day is a pretty good walk but it is always diet that makes the biggest difference.
    BP

netlocal likes this.
  6. Filipe Soares

Filipe Soares Well-Known Member

you can walk whatever you want... 70% is diet, 30% is working out. eating right comes before working out. I'm not saying not to workout, but I'm saying put the same big effort in your diet. It's harder, but works better.

netlocal likes this.
  7. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

sort of...

One problem is, that the gov lied to us, for most of our lives (if you're 50 years old +/-). The surgeon general gave us the usda food pyramid:

[​IMG]

looking at this graphic (Australia), it shows 1999 & 2015

[​IMG]

1999 is a radical change from what we grew up w/ & 2015 is a radical change from 1999. In 1999, they are showing breads as the most important, but adding, as if vegetables are now included in that same category.

2015, shows fruits & vegetables as the primary food group, & move bread up a rung on the pyramid, meaning we need less.

Bread/pasta is heavy on carb's & low in other nutrition. Add to that, soft drinks, that went to HFCS & people guzzling beer (liquid carb's), what ends up happening is the body gets overwhelmed w/ carb's over a long period of time & the body becomes insulin resistant.

Read this:

https://naturallysavvy.com/eat/scary-ingredients-used-in-bread-manufacturing/

so, now, we have a food, that the government has told us all our lives (how many of us that attended school in the '70s, revisited the food pyramid, unless we all the sudden had health issues as a result from the flaws in the old one?). Look at what has been done to bread. They put HFCS, use bleach, which, in the way they use it, has a reaction that actually causes diabetes.

from the "chlorine" section:

upload_2019-9-12_9-56-53.png

So, people eat 6-12 servings of bread/pasta a day, drink soda, beer & that's only a portion of what we consume, that isn't good for us.

It seems they come up w/ chemical alternatives that are supposed to fix the problems attributed w/ ________ (fill in the blank), but create something 10x's worse, even though they push that on us as the "healthy alternative".

But, back to carb's... The whole think about overloading our systems, & making us insulin resistant. That is shown to cause a lot of issues. Look up metabolic syndrome.

While metabolic syndrome articles go around in circles, much of it boils down to insulin resistance. What happens is that the carb's turn into sugars, that can not be refined by the body's insulin. This then stores as fat (triglycerides). This type of fat likes to cling to the organs & why people get belly fat & love handles, that are hard to get rid of.

Once this goes on for some time, the issues involved w/ metabolic syndrome come into play. Usually, you'll get diabetes II, but, you could start getting digestive issues, bloating, fatty liver disease (which leads to cirrhosis), high cholesterol/triglycerides, heart disease, high blood pressure, etc.

Our typical meals in the US are disastrous. Look at a typical breakfast, at a restaurant. If you get an egg plate, usually it comes w/ some sort of bread (which has eggs), pancakes (eggs), or if you have french toast, you have egg-dipped bread, w/ eggs added on top of your eggs. How many eggs do you need in a single meal? Then, think about hash browns/potatoes, along w/ your bread/pancakes, etc. Add a few strips of bacon or sausage & you've got your meal. Usually cooked up nice & greasy...

Mexican food isn't any better. Tortilla/bread, beans (w/ lard), cheese & meat, sometimes potatoes...

Ever since my Dr has been on me about my diet, I've noticed that, it's almost impossible to eat a normal meal, w/o some sort of bread, pasta, beans, rice, etc. of some sort. Not that you should necessarily cut it all out, but, look at the count. If you wanted to cut it out, how hard would it be?

BanditPanda and netlocal like this.
  8. Derek S

Derek S Well-Known Member

A lot of people can get the exercise part of it under control and maintain a daily habit of that once they commit, but it's really their diet that kills them (as others have mentioned). It's not rocket science, nutritionists and doc's have been saying this for eons: "proper diet and exercise is the key." Now that takes discipline, sure, but still, if the guy in the op is serious with that menu listed, not only will he not lose weight and get fit, he's on the fast track to being a statistic.

BanditPanda and netlocal like this.
  9. Cadorman

Cadorman Well-Known Member Premium Member

I like beer.

Mitchell Pearrow and anitoli like this.
  10. tce63

tce63 Well-Known Member

Cheers :cheers:

Mitchell Pearrow and Cadorman like this.
  11. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member Premium Member

Hopefully but a lot of people are sooo ignorant these days its just bard to believe!

CraigP likes this.
  12. CraigP

CraigP Well-Known Member

Yeah he had to be spoofing....thread is gone today LOL

MarshallDog likes this.
  13. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member

I made a choice in 05, beer or butts. I scrapped the butts.

14. Sir Don

Sir Don Well-Known Member

tce63 likes this.
  15. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

...ironically, it's probably the eggs that'll kill him.

Although that crap diet has no other real sources of protein (save the ice cream).

But eggs have like 10-15x the cholesterol to protein ratio of other animal products (daily value's worth of cholesterol from ribeye steak yields ~100g protein.. salmon? ~115g protein. daily value's worth of cholesterol from egg? A paltry 10g)

tce63 likes this.