The Official Marshall Studio Classic Thread Sc20

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by scozz, Jan 26, 2019.

1. scozz

scozz Well-Known Member

Hahaha, I tell you what, the TC Spark is my favorite pedal I own! It’s transparent, and with bass, treble, gain, and level knobs,... plus the 3- way switch that goes from just regular boost to midrange boost to fat boost, this pedal has a lot to offer.

And as I mentioned earlier, it’s transparency, it does not color the tone of the amp,...which is what I’m looking for with all my pedals. I’ve got a great sounding Marshall tube amp, (SC20), I don’t want a $100 transistor pedal changing my tone. That’s just me, I understand the opposite of that, but it’s not for me.

Now on to the SoulFood, same type of deal. I get a nice sounding overdrive that doesn’t change my amps tone. For me, that’s the important thing, keeping my amps tone as much as possible with the pedals I’m using.

2. Ian Alderman

Ian Alderman Well-Known Member

I think you might dig the Golden Pearl as well. The TC Spark seems like a 'more' pedal. No color, just more of what you already have, with the ability to fine tune here and there. As I get older and more rooted in my sound and playing, I prefer a 'more' pedal, and then be able to go back to a great crunchy tone that I can clean up with the volume knobs on my guitar.

It's like cooking, (since one pedal is named after cuisine and the other is a Chinese restaurant in Salt Lake City) you can always add seasonings and spices, and warm up your dish. Once you smother your dish with too much or you burn it to a crisp, it's a lot harder to salvage that. The same thing goes for good distorted guitar tones. :2c:

3. LCW

LCW Well-Known Member

Don’t mind the hack job...

4. Sustainium

Sustainium Well-Known Member

Killer tone LCW!

scozz, LCW and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  5. Mitchell Pearrow

Mitchell Pearrow Well-Known Member

Awesome brother thanks for posting it up.
    I get more of a rush seeing all my buddies here on the forum putting up a clip of the way they like to hear their own tone.
    Thanks for sharing your work bro.
    Cheers Mitch

6. Gaz Baker

Gaz Baker Active Member

Well, doesn't look like I'll be getting a Weber attenuator any time soon.
    I've emailed twice with no reply.
    Next port of call will be trying to get one from somewhere else that ships intercontinental.

tce63 likes this.
  7. scozz

scozz Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear that @Gaz Baker,.... in fact I'm gonna email them to see if I can get some kind of answer for you. I've been humping their Weber Attenuators for quite a while here, and I know for a fact that a few have bought them because of my recommendations.

I'll be in touch!

8. scozz

scozz Well-Known Member

@Gaz Baker I'll let you know if and when I get a response from them!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  9. Sustainium

Sustainium Well-Known Member

Scozz is good people.:applause:

Gaz Baker, scozz, wntbtw and 2 others like this.
  10. marshallmellowed

marshallmellowed Well-Known Member

A nice gester, but I'm not sure I'd be 100% confident they actually received his email(s), or that they haven't responded. Sometimes, email platforms can be to blame for email not being received (in either direction), or being flagged as spam/junk. I have a couple of Weber attenuators, and have been dealing with them for years. I find it hard to believe they'd intentionally not respond. Guess you'll let us know.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    scozz, tce63 and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  11. scozz

scozz Well-Known Member

@Gaz Baker if you pm me your email I can forward it to TA Weber Co. and they will contact you. I removed the copy of my email because I felt I said some things that are not appropriate.

Gaz Baker, Mitchell Pearrow and tce63 like this.
  12. Gaz Baker

Gaz Baker Active Member

Mitchell Pearrow, scozz and tce63 like this.
  13. Gaz Baker

Gaz Baker Active Member

I get what you're saying, and have been keeping a close eye on my junk/spam folder to no avail.

Maybe it's at their end? I don't know.

At any rate, After searching around yesterday, I have found a site that I can get a Weber shipped from, and will pursue a suitable attenuator from them

( https://www.mojotone.com/Accessories_x/Attenuators_x/Weber-MASS-100W )

I've had an attenuator before, when I had my DSL40c, A THD hotplate, only that was fixed impedance, and when @scozz mentioned his recent experience with the Weber and the

fact it can switch between different impedance, I thought that one would suit my needs very well indeed.

I'm even more impressed with the pricing, considering they are comparatively cheap, and hand made. Add to this the 5 star reviews everywhere, and I am sold!

Cheers,

Gaz

14. tce63

tce63 Well-Known Member Premium Member

The Weber products are great and you will Love it.

15. Gaz Baker

Gaz Baker Active Member

To be fair, I'm a massive gas addict, and I love buying anything new for my set up. :naughty:

I guess on a positive note, new gear helps us keep motivated. (Well that's my excuse):lol:

16. tce63

tce63 Well-Known Member Premium Member

:applause::cheers:

Gaz Baker likes this.
  17. scozz

scozz Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what sold me too, price, hand made in the USA, one by one as the orders come in, and the reviews! Oh man the reviews, I couldn't find even one person that had anything negative to say whatsoever,...not even one!!

I'm glad you found the MiniMass from a company that will ship to you. Just for the record, when I talked to Ted Weber he said he would contact you and ship one to you, and that they ship worldwide. Oh well, I guess I'll just tell him never mind.

Mitchell Pearrow, Gaz Baker and tce63 like this.
  18. Gaz Baker

Gaz Baker Active Member

Hey @scozz , I just want to say thanks, I really appreciate your help here mate, and I guess either way, I am supporting his business. I haven't committed to buying from anywhere specific yet, nor will I until next week, which will be when I can get around to it.

So I may still but straight from them if they want to make contact. Either way, I will get one :thumb:

Mitchell Pearrow, scozz and tce63 like this.
  19. scozz

scozz Well-Known Member

Ok, if you don't mind, I will give him your email address because I told him I would. You could communicate with each other,... and may I make a suggestion? If during your conversation you ask him if they have any coupons available you may get an additional 10% off on your order. Best of luck, Scozz.

Mitchell Pearrow and Gaz Baker like this.
  20. Gaz Baker

Gaz Baker Active Member

Hey sorry for any confusion from my behalf. That would be great if you pass on my email. Thanks again

Mitchell Pearrow and scozz like this.