the biggest band "F"up your band made?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Barfly, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Teryn

Teryn Well-Known Member

Picture a chubby Amy Lee with an expression like she ate something extremely bitter... and mix that with the complete Pumpkin Spice Latte loving white girl stereotype. And then add in some Diva-b!tch. Toss in some extreme drama and attention wh0ring... and some jealousy of me. Because I got more attention. :scratch: from women mostly... so I never understood why she was jealous lmao

Yeah. We see each other now and then, but we pretend like we don't. Now that was a blow out, much more exciting than Rousey vs. Holm. :mad:

2. Vinsanitizer

Vinsanitizer Oh Hi! I'm new here! VIP Member

My first experience on a larger stage with choreography - we were so noobular. After all, on bigger stages you have to have some movement and limit the dead zones. It was spontaneous type stuff, not planned. It's like, if the guitar player moves to the other side of the stage, someone else needs to fill his space" - basic kind of stuff. Anyway, at one point we ended up having two guitar players and a bassist with one big cable knot in the center of the stage from wrapping around each other. Can you imagine the stupidity the audience sees when you have three guys walking in circles trying to untangle their guitar cables? So embarrassing.

I went to wireless not long after that and learned a LOT more about choreography.

3. Mosher Zone

Mosher Zone Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::applause:

4. chiliphil1

chiliphil1 Well-Known Member

That's good stuff right there :lol: Both myself and my other guitar player are using wireless, the singer finally got a wireless mic, the only one we can't convert is the bass player.. Kinda funny because he tends to move the most..

5. LP121

LP121 Active Member

One time the calibration on my tuner got messed up (A 400 or something) and I didn't notice it. Opening song starts and I hit my first chord and........ it was horribly out of tune. :lol:

Luckily I had my SG as a backup (used the bass players tuner on that one as it was closer at the time) and carried on.

6. EndGame00

EndGame00 Well-Known Member

A fight broke out between the bassist and the singer before our set... Singer decided to 'sabotage' some of the song by "forgetting the lyrics"... He pulled a "CC Deville" on us... He was a great singer, but a total asshole....

7. Australian

Australian Green Beret VIP Member

Having the lead singer as a gf. This happened too many times, and it never works after you split up. :ugh:

8. Bigmuff

Bigmuff Well-Known Member

I've done so many bone-headed things. Here's a good one...

During soundcheck for one gig, the sound guy kept asking me to reduce the treble on the amp. So I adjusted it down to nothing to make him happy. A few songs into the set, I went to switch my wah pedal on, and discovered that it was already on, toe down, the entire time, which was why the amp sounded so shrill. I felt like such a moron... I watched the sound guy scrambling to re-eq the guitar mid-set after I figured out my screw-up.

That's one of the worst mistakes I've made personally. But as a band, the one that still pisses me off is, for our opening song at a gig years ago, the whole band comes in at once. Simple. Except the drummer was playing a different song than everybody else. He says the look I shot him was pure death.

9. chiliphil1

chiliphil1 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one.. Not between band mates but the drummer's girlfriend decided to start a fight at one of our shows, half the place went with her and half went with the other girl.. We stopped for about 20 minutes and finished the set to about 4 people.

10. Teryn

Teryn Well-Known Member

Ahhhhh... yeah. Been there, done that... :ugh: but hey, we learn, right!? Right...? Right?

11. Coronado

Coronado Well-Known Member

In college, my roommate and I decided to put a band together. Got another guitar and a bass player, but we were going through singers like crazy. Couldn't get one to stick (and they were pretty bad usually). We finally got one guy who could sing fairly well (he was in another band already). Anyway, our school was putting on this event and had some bands playing. We signed up, but we needed a singer. We asked the singer from that band if he would join us that night. Show time and we are on stage playing a Collective Soul song. I look over and I don't see the singer. He is standing offstage singing while holding a piece of paper with the lyrics. The whole crowd was watching him stand there, face buried in a piece of paper while holding a mic singing that stupid song.

12. The Ozzk

The Ozzk Well-Known Member

That's a GREAT front man... No bitching or crying... back to work. :yesway:

13. Marshallhead

Marshallhead Well-Known Member

Set up two amps on stage, main amp was a Super Lead with a Power Brake, so volume was under control. Second spare emergency amp was a 1972 50 watt. No master volume, no power brake.

When I was done sound checking the main amp, I said to the sound guy let's check the spare too. Now a non master Marshall is pretty loud by the time it's turned up enough to get the drive I needed (it was on 10)... The sound guy said it was far too loud but I placated him by telling him it was just an emergency spare and I'd never had to call on it before.

Well, you can guess what happened. In the first song of the set. And we were a support act so no fannying about swapping the power brake over, it was bang bang straight through the set no pauses.

14. Vinsanitizer

Vinsanitizer Oh Hi! I'm new here! VIP Member

This is a thread that could really use the Like button. ;)

15. Jaymz E

Jaymz E Well-Known Member

My last instrumental band neanderfoot had dope and greed issues within the bass cleff.