T-rex Replicator Analog Delay

Discussion in 'The Tone Zone' started by GuitarIV, Jun 13, 2018.

1. GuitarIV

GuitarIV Well-Known Member

This is so cool

I find it fascinating that in the day and age of digital effects someone brought the analog delay back. Sounds awesome. Obviously not for someone on a budget like me but check out the sounds. Wow.

Trelwheen and jmp45 like this.
  2. Trelwheen

Trelwheen Well-Known Member

Yep. I've had one for almost a month now, it definitely brings the mojo. The best thing about it for me is the ability to control the repeat speed and feedback with expression pedals. Im using a pair of Moog ep3 pedals, they're perfect for the job. By itself the Replicator is a beautiful delay, with the pedals it's literally off the chain..

GuitarIV likes this.
  3. jmp45

jmp45 Well-Known Member

Discovered today they have a jr. The top rolls off pretty quick if not immediately in this demo. Pretty cool though.

4. Trelwheen

Trelwheen Well-Known Member

It's cool but it's a 1-head machine and will NOT do slapback. It runs the same speed range as the long delay head on the big replicator. It also doesn't have the motor-controlled "chorus" or warble effect. At that price I would probably go with a strymon or something similar.

jmp45 likes this.
  5. GuitarIV

GuitarIV Well-Known Member

At that price point I'd just save up a bit longer and go for the more expensive Replicator

Trelwheen likes this.