Static noise on JVM 205H clean orange - Help!!!

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by Tbomb, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Tbomb

Tbomb Member

Hi All,

Was hoping to get some insight on a issue with my JVM 205H that I recently just noticed when switching from OD green or orange to clean orange. Thing is everything switches over fine, but I get this subtle static fizzle as notes decay out on the clean orange. If I am just on clean orange and don’t switch to any of the OD channels and back there does not appear to be any static decay. Is some of the gain bleeding over into the clean channel when switching between the two? FWIW it does not do it on the clean green, only clean orange and red when there is a bit of gain dialed in for some dirt. Looking for some advice because this is driving me nuts. Any input would be much appreciated. Cheers

2. Kinkless Tetrode

Kinkless Tetrode Well-Known Member

Sometimes this type of thing can be a pre amp tube. Try swapping in a known good 12AX7 in each position one at time. That may not be it, but you need to start somewhere. Next check the bias on the power tubes. Checking the tubes is about all can do before taking it to a tech.

3. Tbomb

Tbomb Member

Thank you...I did try swapping tubes in v1 & v2, but will try other positions as well. Will also check bias on power tubes while I’m in there. Thanks again for the response!