Someone swiped my output boards in Marshall AVT 150 head

Discussion in 'Amplified Parts' started by DervishMoose, Oct 19, 2019.

1. DervishMoose

DervishMoose New Member

Ok, so it was not mine at the time... I bought a Marshall AVT 150 head that "needs work" off Facebook Market place a few months back for a great price. Hey, I repair amps and things, this should be easy. I get the amp home start testing. Yup preamp works great, but nothing out of the main outputs. Ok, it seems like a standard case of blown TDA7293 on the output. I pull the amp apart and I see why... there are no output boards. Now I know why they wanted to make the transaction quickly. That's OK, they threw in some guitar speakers into the deal.

I know I can get replacement Marshall M-KITS-00003 Amp Module from several online stores, but I am looking for blown output boards so I can get my hands dirty again doing the replacement of the TDA7293 output transistor. ( I hold a degree in electronics but do a desk job overseeing a web team. I enjoy getting the soldering iron out from time to time.)

Does anyone have a pair of burned-out / blown output boards in their junk drawer? I would like to buy. If you have a pair, ping me via DM.

Attached Files:

2. ricksdisconnected

ricksdisconnected Well-Known Member

3. Geeze

Geeze Well-Known Member

Nope, but welcome to the forum!

Russ

4. South Park

South Park Well-Known Member

That’s going to be a fun one. It looks like power regulator

5. ampmadscientist

ampmadscientist Well-Known Member

You can get those boards already built, it's a standard Marshall part.
    The device TDA 7293 is a car stereo amplifier IC chip.
    If you want to check the part number (the boards are not interchangeable w/ other amps) and make sure you are getting the right boards.
    Kevin (Kdog) Drury
    Marshall USA Service
    1000 Corporate Grove Dr.
    Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
    800-877-6863
    kevin.drury@USMusicCorp.com

Peter McAteer likes this.
  6. ampmadscientist

Welcome to the forum Dervish :cheers:.

7. Matthews Guitars

Matthews Guitars Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like a perfect opportunity to engineer a proper tube output stage for it. But Amplified Parts has the board you seek, for about 66 bucks.

8. DervishMoose

DervishMoose New Member

Ha... Thanks for the reply! I have to admit the idea of making a proper tube output stage is super tempting. (I have two good friends that are into building tube amps.) I don't mind a bit of sodering or t-shooting, but building from scratch is a bit too time-consuming for me right now.

:) Yeah, I know I can get the full (functioning) boards as replacement parts from several suppliers. I am not 100% sure I want to buy two $66 kits ($132 total) for the AVT 150 to get it back into service. I will likely end up doing just that, but I am sure someone has the burned-out-bards sitting in a junk drawer that they would happy to get rid of for a few $.

(...and yes... I know someone will point out that my time is worth $ too and I should factor that into my decision. Hey, I would point that out on anyone else's post. sigh, I have to admit I have more time than $ right now. )

9. DervishMoose

DervishMoose New Member

Just to bump this. I am still looking for blown output boards for my AVT 150H. If you got some, direct message me.

10. ampmadscientist

11. Mauro

Mauro New Member