Sold, Please Delete

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by Mr. Legit, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Mr. Legit

Mr. Legit Member

"The state that's untouchable like Eliot Ness"
    Hi guys, I have these two things for sale, and I am selling them because they won’t work afterall for the restoration I am attempting to do. I just purchased these recently this past month and painted the bell covers and channel mount for the choke a silver hammer finish so that they would match. It is even still drying at the moment. The paper logo on the choke started to peel off so I carefully glued it back down to preserve it. These are rare pieces as I am sure most of you know.

Output Transformer: Early Flying Man Logos
    Choke: Heavy Duty 20H 100 mA 400 Ohms

They were tested by their original owners this past month to be exact in working and functioning condition, but I do not have the ability to test them, and thus, they are being sold AS IS with no returns whatsoever unless they do not work. I will provide pictures to those who private message me. These would be great for a early 60's JTM45 build and or restoration.

I would be interested in a trade for these pieces plus cash if you have a brand new condition:

Merren Drake 789-103 Transformer
    Marstran Hygrade 20H Choke
    Ampaholics UK 1202-118 Mains Transformer
    Ampaholics UK 1964-67 Replica 10H 150mA Choke

I have 100% feedback on Reverb, eBay, and T.G.P. as well. I can prove that to any potential buyers.

Radiospares Output Transformer: 1000.00 Plus Shipping
    Radiospares Choke: SOLD

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  2. coldengray

coldengray Active Member VIP Member

So you want the extreme high end of what those are worth, but you can't test them or guarantee they function and they are sold as-is with no returns...by a member with little to no history here. Sounds awesome, do you have any Sears stores you're selling too?

*Ok, edited to say "unless they do not work"*

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  3. neikeel

neikeel Well-Known Member

The choke is not the correct one for a JTM45.
    This should be 20H 75mA and 690ohms.
    I know as I am after two for restoration

4. Mr. Legit

Mr. Legit Member

Couldn’t one use it anyways? I decided to post these here before I hit eBay or Reverb, the last RS OT I saw on there sold for 1200.00 USD. I just want to avoid the high fees and such for now. Thank you for your input.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  5. neikeel

Good idea.
    You can use that choke if you want but it is not correct for an early JTM45 and would not be top dollar, IMO.
    Sure a paper label RS Deluxe in good working condition is now worth a pretty penny.
    Some pics would be good (btw last one I bought was £250 about 2 years ago).

Mr. Legit likes this.
  6. Mr. Legit

Mr. Legit Member

Thank you Neikeel, I will lower the price accordingly. This one doesn’t have a paper label, it just has “Deluxe Output Transformer” and then it has the two flying RS logos on the top and bottom of those words which I know is from an earlier period than the one I saw on eBay for 1200.00 with the later regular RS logo. Once the bell covers are completely dry, I will try and upload photos, but I’d prefer to send people photos of this privately. I don’t want to sell the OT but the choke I might have to. The OG 60’s 45 chassis I have doesn’t have a cut out for an RS OT, and so it would be shame to cut an original 60’s chassis to put one in is all. I need Drake’s for this chassis, but I love the RS sound more.

7. neikeel

Interestingly I find minimal difference between the two OTs (early selector on side Drake vs RS). I think the Drakes vary a bit as I had a similar one that was quieter and a bit dull in comparison with my present one (of course it could just be stronger tubes in this one?)

8. Mr. Legit

Mr. Legit Member

Well the choke is sold, it sold within 5 minutes of me putting it up on Reverb that was fast. The Drake equpped Marshalls I have played have more gain to them, and they sound less bassman like to me. The RS transformer has a beautiful hi-fi type of sound to my ears if you will. I have seen your work throughout my time here though neikeel so you would know better than I!

9. Mr. Legit

Mr. Legit Member

Price Drop 750.00

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018