Sc20 & Sv20 buyers...

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by Wenander, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Wenander

Wenander Active Member

... Desperately defending their purchases?
    I can understand that for sure. But there are many threads about this and that to tame, tweak, boost and use them..

I have become good friends with my 2525H.. I think have gotten some of both before mentioned plus more in a great package. It plays so damn well together with my 2x12 Celestion G12H's '71.

Its a keeper

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    KingsXJJ, Mitchell Pearrow and tce63 like this.
  2. Wenander

Wenander Active Member

This is what im talking about. you people sure knows this man, his playing is obviously 10 times better than mine

BanditPanda and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  3. d95err

d95err Member

Perhaps different players have different tones ideals, different approaches, different playing circumstances...

Good to hear that you are satisfied with your tone.

4. Wenander

Wenander Active Member

Well yeah thats of course true.. But they dont seem so satisfied when so many posts are about ways to use it. Maybe they should consider selling and getting something else, maybe a 2525 :rolleyes:

5. matt748

matt748 Member

It’s all a personal preference and horses for courses.
    I prefer a 60/70 Plexi tone to a 80’s more distorted tone.

MarshallDog likes this.
  6. Wenander

Wenander Active Member

You can get in the ballpark with 2525 i think. But maybe not good enough i guess

7. ken361

ken361 Well-Known Member

Prefer my new JCM800 over the mini jube combo love the mids it produces and dig the SV also:)

8. Biff Maloy

Biff Maloy Well-Known Member

I have the 2525H. It's layout makes it very useable for a wide range of volume circumstances. Still sounds best up and loud like a lot of tube amps.

I don't have the newer Studios yet but I won't be using attenuation with them. I know they're loud and if they are too much for the situation then I'll use the 2525H. I've made my comments before that if you are all bedroom and don't want any gadgets to tame the amp then the Mini Jubilee should be first on your list of the Studios.

9. Filipe Soares

Filipe Soares Well-Known Member

If I could, I would buy'em all!

Mitchell Pearrow and Sustainium like this.
  10. ampeq

ampeq Well-Known Member

I'v watched that stuff for years and STILL can't understand it. I'v owned a bunch, but I find them limited and today there are much better versions available. You always see "this is the best amp anywhere". Then you see, OK, you need to do this mod, change that res. and clip this, get this pedal & those pickups. Dame. If I have to do all that why would I want it? At that point I buy a for-sale sign. If my amp can't stand on it's own it won't be mine for long.

Wenander likes this.
  11. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

Desperate I am!
    I have not seen this "desperation". But yeah, every amp is customizable to make it however you want, including your 2525H. Glad yours is working for you as is mine, no mods necessary. :yesway:

12. Wenander

Wenander Active Member

no i dont feel the need for pedals at all in this. im using both channels and can get lots of nice sounds. maybe i´ll try the loop...i have a delaypedal i bought supercheap but hasnt really used it at all

13. jstich

jstich Well-Known Member

The reviews I've read on the SV and SC 20 have been very positive. It seems some people like to tweak their amps.Nothing new there.There's a post of someone who has a Friedman, which is sorta a Marshall clone,which was a modified Friedman, who wants to turn it back into a Marshall kind of amp.Something along those lines.I thought it was sorta funny.But hey,it's none of my business what people do with their amps.I generally keep my amps fairly stock. But people are defending their purchases? I don't see that. I hope you have flame proof pants.

14. solarburnDSL50

solarburnDSL50 Well-Known Member

I'm having a blast with my SC. Straight in or pedaled. It will show your slop(unforgiving)but I'm ok with that cause I'm sloppy Joe.

Thinking the Jubes a bit nicer(smoother)as it's already boosted up front in the circuit and tone stack designed with that extra available punch. The 800 juiced in the front is a beast yet cleans up so well punched or not.

Gaz Baker, wntbtw, jstich and 2 others like this.
  15. bad565ss

bad565ss Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight. You like your amp so much that you can't understand why everybody else didn't make the same choice you did? Got it. No need to act like a troll Bro.
    I don't own any of the 3 and have no plans to own any of the 3 so I'm not defending any of them, fine amps that they are.

Gaz Baker, Sustainium, scozz and 4 others like this.
  16. Jethro Rocker

Jethro Rocker Well-Known Member Premium Member

I have not seen many people at all defending purchases of the classic SC and SV. Quite the opposite. Most people seem to think that these are some of the best little amps Marshall has put out in a long time.
    The fact that mamy use a boost oit front is no indicator that they aren't happy with them. People used boosts in front of 2203s etc for 3 decades,. Nothjng wrong there.
    I love my Jubes. I also love my 4010 amd will likely get the new limited blue SC20 when it becomes available.

One could also argue that the shared gain on the Jubilee at times make it less useable than many other amps with 2 gains like a DSL or JVM etc.
    In fact live I do compromise with the Jubilee for this reason.

17. BanditPanda

BanditPanda Well-Known Member

That vid made me understand what was meant when " they" said the Jube has a unique voice. So it does.
    I'll go out on a limb and say that it has a very modern sound and definitely justified that metal he was playing.
    Interestingly enuff to me is that each of the 3 Studio Series seem to be best suited to very specific styles of music. ( d'ah and I guess that's why they were developed). :2c:
    BP

Gaz Baker, scozz and Wenander like this.
  18. dro

dro Well-Known Member

Between the SC & SV definitely the SC

19. scozz

scozz Well-Known Member

Yeah, I guess that’s what he’s inferring.

I wonder why there are so many different,.....well,... not only amplifier companies,.... but amplifier models,...to choose from if we only need one,...a Jubilee?! :cool:

20. scozz

scozz Well-Known Member

Well said Jethro!

Jethro Rocker likes this.