Rude people

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by G the wildman, Aug 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G the wildman

G the wildman Well-Known Member

This forum is getting worse in terms of insults. Make your point but think about the way you say it.

People come here for advice and to talk about their hobby, regardless of their musical skills and experience.

Put your comment in the positive.

Thank you!

G the wildman

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    DaDoc, Alter, Trumpet Rider and 23 others like this.
  2. Dmann

Dmann Well-Known Member

It's not just here, it's everywhere.

I just ignore asshats, which are easily spotted and I recommend you do the same because with every one of those there are at least 100 very cool awesome members on this board!

This forum is in fact quite mild compared to most IMHO :p

DaDoc, Trelwheen, Boxtrot56 and 12 others like this.
  3. netlocal

netlocal Well-Known Member

I like this forum because it seems to me there's more fun, than smarty-pants stuff, going on here. It's Marshall Amplifiers that brought me here:hbang:

DaDoc, Boxtrot56, JasonMcFly and 7 others like this.
  4. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member

The old "i can hide behind the monitor shit". There are allot of cool people here just ignore the asshats.

Boxtrot56, wakjob, netlocal and 10 others like this.
  5. WholeLottaGlove

WholeLottaGlove Active Member

I experienced a crap ton of asshattery by one individual on a thread I posted not too long back. It can be an exercise of patience and ignore skills. I’m not sure how the mods can allow some of these guys to continue to harass people unchecked with impunity.

Like another member stated above, this occurs a lot of places... not just here. I never understood how some can get so upset about this stuff. We’re talking about guitar amplifiers! If someone posts an opinion or question you don’t like, keep scrolling.

6. JCMDOUG

JCMDOUG Well-Known Member

When someone starts going all asshattery I ignore everything they have ever posted. It shows how small a person they are.

7. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member Premium Member

Agreed!

If you think its bad enough to post a thread now, you should have experienced it about a year ago (maybe you did or did not) before the one awesome Mod (no names mentioned) cleaned house with a couple members!! You could say anything without a smart ass remark or insult being made.

A friendly wise ass remark here and there is expected and fine IMO but sometimes it goes too far. I went too far a few times in the past letting a few DBs get under my skin but I learned to just ignore them...these types thrive on getting the attention!

DaDoc, Trelwheen, Gunner64 and 6 others like this.
  8. ampmadscientist

ampmadscientist Well-Known Member

I think most of the trouble makers were rejected and gone now...

9. Adrian R

Adrian R Well-Known Member

Been here for many years. I've seen them come and go....sometimes it's fun to spar with them! Lol. Most of the time their trolls just bored and lifeless. Best action is to just ignore... It also helps to grow some skin, the world is full of miserable, rude people.

10. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

I thinks its been pretty quiet around here for the most part, we did have that one crack head not that long ago, you just gotta know how to deal with or ignore them, kudos to our mods they know the deal and how to keep things squared away around here. :yesway:

So back on topic, when is my SV20H gonna arrive?? Does anybody have an inside connection at Bletchley and find out what the holdup is??

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  11. Geeze

Geeze Well-Known Member

Me thinking 'Oh why don't you just shut the f*ck up!' and hitting the IGNORE button are almost instantaneous. Then much of the shallow end of the gene pool gets drained and life goes on.

I'm here to learn, maybe help [may be not...] and have some community with gear folks.

Russ

12. Bogmonster

Bogmonster Active Member

There are a lot of assholes here alright. Most just come and go. But there are a lot of really cool helpful folks here too. I only have 1 on my ignore list who I've seen give "expert advice" in a thread I started ages ago and in various other threads, who can talk the talk but can't walk the walk. Pure bullshit artist. But I do get a kick out of seeing their responses.

And I definitely agree that there are worse places online but overall here it's generally cool. Some witty folks here too which is always welcome.

13. El Gringo

El Gringo Well-Known Member

Are we talking about my coworkers / who seriously need a crash course on etiquette and manners and better yet some formal education as well . One guy prefaces everything that comes out of his mouth by saying " back on the farm " well we live in a big city , not in a rural area . Yes , people should be more polite across the board !

netlocal likes this.
  14. El Gringo

You are right and I also think there is a fine line in being funny versus sarcastic and such .

15. El Gringo

How very true , and once again I think we are talking about my coworkers , who are a miserable whiny bunch of babies that need to grow up and put there blanket and ba ba down for good !

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  16. G the wildman

Some good advice in here about ignoring the rude people. And yes some of it does make me laugh out loud. I just think if you are nice to people they may be nice to you.

I am probably getting old.

G

17. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

G you are old as fukk!

Mitchell Pearrow and tce63 like this.
  18. G the wildman

Made me laugh.

Mitchell Pearrow, tce63 and pedecamp like this.
  19. wmachine

wmachine Well-Known Member

Surly there are sometimes some simple misunderstandings, but there are always some malcontents that just have to spew their venom. Despite feeling bated, as has been said here numerous times, it is always better to ignore them and not join them in the gutter.
    "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig".

Mitchell Pearrow and tce63 like this.
  20. scozz

scozz Well-Known Member

I remember that Dog, I stayed away for a while. It simply wasn’t a comfortable atmosphere here then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.