Recording multiple tracks simultaneously

Discussion in 'The Tone Zone' started by Kim Lucky Day, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Kim Lucky Day

Kim Lucky Day Well-Known Member

I'm looking to live record my band. Currently we use a Behringer XR18 mixer, which has the capability to connect to a computer using a USB-A to USB-B cable and record to my DAW. The problem I'm running into is I cannot arm more than 2 tracks simultaneously in my DAW. My DAW is Samplitude Music Studio 2016. I've done forum searches on their website without any results that are reliable.

Do any of you record your bands in a similar manner and if so, how do you have your DAW set up? Is this a matter of my sound card not being compatible (this was suggested on the forum)? My computer is a brand new "gaming" laptop that is loaded with RAM and processor speed. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

2. Dmann

Dmann Well-Known Member

3. Kim Lucky Day

I've watched these videos. I found it interesting that they arm each track first, then select the inputs. No matter what I've tried so far, I can only arm tracks 1 and 2 at the most. When trying to arm any more, tracks 1 and 2 turn off.

Granted I only have had 30 minutes or so to tinker with this but I hit this wall right away...

4. Michael Roe

Michael Roe Well-Known Member

Is your DAW actually seeing and connecting to your audio interface? maybe you need a driver? or the current driver?
    Your mixer isn't exactly a typical audio interface. It's a mixer as well so you may need special software or another piece of software to make it work.
    I don't use either things that you have but I use a Presonus interface with Studio One DAW. On my setup, I have a program just for the audio interface and then a separate for my DAW. Mine is very compatible being made by the same company. You may have to have your Behringer mixer program up and loaded before you start your DAW program.
    Also, your operating system could not be setup correctly to work.

5. Filipe Soares

Filipe Soares Well-Known Member

why don't you try a different DAW, like reaper?

MonstersOfTheMidway likes this.
  6. Kim Lucky Day

I've considered it. If I do, Reaper is certainly near the top of my list. I just need some more time to figure this out I guess.

7. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

8. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

what do you have the settings for, for your sound device?