Reaper rules! I finally found out how to sync my audio and video files

Discussion in 'The Tone Zone' started by GuitarIV, Oct 17, 2019.

1. GuitarIV

GuitarIV Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

so I've been dying to make proper Youtube videos for a while now, but being the lazy bum I am I never really looked into how.

So I start a new job in 2 weeks, have plenty of free time on my hands right now and today I figured I might just as well do some research.

This video was extremely helpful:

I just figured I'd open a thread here for folks like me that wanna start shooting videos with better audio.

Now I have soo many ideas on what to do and figured maybe you guys wanna hear anything specific?

I have a Marshall JCM 800 2203 from 1982 that I can hook up to a loadbox and use with cab sims from the Two Notes Torpedo Wall of Sound sim, a Laney IRT Studio for more modern sounds and plenty of pedals, Chorus, Delay, Reverb, Fuzz, OD, Boost etc.

First I was thinking about making a demo of the Seymour Duncan Full Shred Set I installed in my ESP M-II recently, another thing I might do is a comparison clip of the Duncan JB, Custom and Suhr Doug Aldrich bridge pickups.

I'll keep ya posted and you gents tell me if you want me to record anything specific. Cheers! :)

2. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

I have an 82 2204, I'd be interested in a clip of yours with all knobs on 5 and master on 1. Then add some low, medium and high gain to it to show what it can do. Through a G12T75 cab if you have one. Was always interested how a 2203 compared to a 2204. :yesway:

GuitarIV likes this.
  3. GuitarIV

Not a problem! I don't have a mic right now and the 800 is a loud beast as you sure know, so I can only record clips through the loadbox and virtual cab sims, but I think there should be one in Wall of Sound with a G12T-75 emulation. I'll keep you posted :)

pedecamp likes this.
  4. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

Is Reaper a PC recording package like Audacity? One thing Audacity is free.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  5. GuitarIV

Reaper is a full DAW, like Logic or Pro Tools. The cool thing is you get a free 60 day evaluation period, after that you're supposed to buy a license. If you don't, the program still works without limitations, you only get a 5 second nag window when you start it.

I haven't bought the license yet but I will now. It's only 60 dollars and lasts you a lifetime, plus the guys that made Reaper have done a great job. I know a lot of people that use it to record music professionally. They certainly should get money for it :)

From their FAQ page:

"What if I don’t want to pay for REAPER?
    REAPER will continue to function without restriction in Evaluation Mode, but you will feel bad. If you want to see the development of REAPER continue, purchase a license, otherwise you should uninstall."

Great DAW, I recommend people give it a shot!

pedecamp likes this.
  6. johan.b

johan.b Well-Known Member

I've been using reaper for ten years. Is not flashy like some others but it works and is low cost high value...I payed for it in version 3 and was supposed to get free updates though version 4.... my licence still works . Last time I used it was a few months back now, thou.
    J

GuitarIV likes this.
  7. shooto

shooto Well-Known Member

Cool!

GuitarIV likes this.
  8. ibmorjamn

ibmorjamn Well-Known Member

Nice , I need to check it out .

GuitarIV likes this.