Really want V30's

Discussion in 'Cabinets & Speakers' started by slash38, Jul 1, 2012.

1. slash38

slash38 Active Member

i have a mint 1960a cab, but im running my JCM Slash head and i really want the v30s. Should i switch out the speakers or just buy the 1960AV cab?

2. alpha0steel

alpha0steel New Member

Well the speakers are in theory the same but I've been told they have slight differences. The speakers in an av cab are Celestion Marshall G12 Vintage speakers which to me sound identical to their "V30" counterparts. Ultimately go and test out a couple cabs with your head and pic your fav! If you buy an av cab used you get the luxury of speakers that are already broken in, which is very nice! Good luck!

3. bulldozer1984

bulldozer1984 Everybody's Favorite Member VIP Member

If you can find some cheap used V30's i would throw them in your cab. But if you cant then i would look for a used cab. I'll tell you why.

I bought a used 1960AV for $700.
    If i was to buy 4 x V30's to throw in my existing cab that would have cost me $720 alone.

4. jvm210guy

jvm210guy New Member

avatarspeakers.com for v'30s at a great price..

That's all you need...

5. slash38

slash38 Active Member

Yea i may just buy the cab itself, only because i may save a few dollars. Dont get me wrong the speakers i have now are good, but i just want the v30's.

6. GIBSON67

GIBSON67 Well-Known Member

I would buy V30's one at a time and add them one at a time. You could sell the T75's as you buy the V30's and really not be out much money. Make sure thay are the same impedance as the ones you are replacing.

My other option would be to buy the AV cab and compare with your current cab.

7. mickeydg5

mickeydg5 Well-Known Member VIP Member

I like Bulldozer and Gibson67 ideas. Whichever is easiest or makes best sense for your situation.

Read more about the Marshall Vintage G12V though. They are smoother and handle 10 more watts each. I like them best and so do a lot of other people.

PS The Marshall Heritage G12H compliments the G12V very well.