Preferred Speaker

Discussion in 'Cabinets & Speakers' started by dacop, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Timothy S Martin

Timothy S Martin Member

1960 A&B cabs with original Celestion G12T-75's.....mad love with all my amps (TSL100, Mesa Mark V, and Peavey 6505 mh(the Peavey only handles on 4x12 cab and I usually choose the B cab for a touch more bass)).

marshalltsl likes this.
  2. dslman

dslman Well-Known Member

I think my initial dislike of T75's is mainly because I bought two brand new 4x12 cabs,all T75's, so not being broken in, they were hard to deal with.
    After trying my friends broken in cab, i realized they MUST be broken in.
    G12M-25 is my favorite, but "old broken in" T75's are my second, partially because they compliment the G12M so nicely.

3. Freddy G

Freddy G New Member

I too love the early 80s G12-65s....I've been playing them since .....the early 80s! My dillemma now is I have a pair of old 80s 15 ohm G12-65s....but both my amps only have 8 ohm taps. So I have to make a decision. Sell my pair of 15 homers (d'oh! ) or buy 8 ohm recone kits and transform them. I don't know....I just feels wrong to do that to those babies but I might have no choice if they don't sell.

4. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

No dilemma

2x12, parallel wiring

5. Freddy G

Freddy G New Member

I know that. But I'm using two amps as my live stereo rig...so I need two speaker cabs. And for small clubs 2 single 12 " cabs are already pushing it for volume.

6. NMV87

NMV87 New Member

I prefer EVM12L's for pretty much any music style. Work really well with my Soldano and Marshall. I have one in my 1x12 Zilla cab. Beastly

7. Matthews Guitars

Matthews Guitars Well-Known Member

Greenbacks and their close relatives, creambacks. G12T75s, and EVs. Those four types are all speakers I like and would buy again.

There may be others that I'd like as well, but don't have.