Power conditioner

Discussion in 'The Workbench' started by slash38, Jun 30, 2014.

1. slash38

slash38 Active Member

Since i'm running my JCM and my SL5 through the same outlet..i was thinking about getting a power conditioner. Anyone ever use the monster one? Do ireally need it?

2. LAARS

LAARS Well-Known Member

I personally use a Furman voltage regulator, not just a power conditioner. The AR-1215
    FurmanSound.com - Pro A/V Product - AR-1215
    If you play in clubs, its a MUST have. It gives 110V no matter if you have 97V or 140V coming in. Protects your gear, and your tone as well. I hear the one from Monster is real good too.

3. slash38

slash38 Active Member

I was looking into those Furman conditioners. Look pretty cool, and i'm pretty sure thats in Slashs rig to:naughty::slash:

4. erikthered76

erikthered76 Member

I use a monster pro 2600. cant say anything but good about it.

5. C-4

C-4 Member

There is a difference between a power conditioner and a power regulator.
    The former cleans up dirty electricity coming from the wall outlet and protects against surges and spikes in wall voltage.

A power regulator, such as the Furman 1215 additionally keeps the voltage coming from the wall between safe levels, incase the wall voltage drops or rises significantly.

Some power regulators are not as expensive as the Furman, and not rack mounted. Look into ACP and Tripp Lite for similar gear that is not rack mountable, but does the same thing the Furman does.

6. SirArcsAlot

SirArcsAlot Active Member

I'd recommend getting just a power conditioner. I have the Furman m-8x2. I posted a thread about still getting some wall hum from it, even though it advertises it cuts out RFI, etc etc. What makes it convenient for me is that it's rack mountable and has plenty of outlets, so I can run all my heads through it. What it WONT do is make your rig quieter.

Mine is basically just a rackmount wall strip, and most power conditioners are.

7. slash38

slash38 Active Member

Thanks for the advice! i will look into it! thanks guys