Pedalboard with G5N + EH English Muff'n + ...

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by Elmer33, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Elmer33

Elmer33 New Member

Hello,
    I have adopted the configuration of my pedalboard as follows :
    Guitares (Fender/Ibanez/ -> TC Polytune 3 (Tuner + Buffer) -> Boss OD1(overdrive with zero gain ) -> EH English Muff'n (pre-amp with 2 valves 12AY7) -> Marshal amp DSL5CR and the Zoom G5N (multi-effects pedal) inserted in the FX send and Return of the amplifier.
    I am looking for feedback from experience of the placement of the G5N multi effects in the configuration of a pedalboard that can inspire me and advise me on the placement of other effects pedals between them.
    For the owners of the EH English Muff'n, thank you for sharing your essays with me to get the best out of it.
    Thank's so much

Mitchell Pearrow and tce63 like this.
  2. Biff Maloy

Biff Maloy Well-Known Member

If i had the exact setup I'd have it hooked up just like that. Boosts and Overdrives before amp, Time Based effects in the loop.

In that configuration, I'd make sure cab and amp sims are off on the Zoom. I would only use the Zoom for Delay, Reverb, Chorus type effects.

Mitchell Pearrow and scozz like this.
  3. Elmer33

Elmer33 New Member

Hello,
    That’s exactly what I’m doing right now, but I’d like to know if it’s possible to connect the G5N zoom simultaneously to the FX loop and in the amp input effect pedal chain with a chaining switch, which allows me to use either my current configuration, or a configuration that can use all the effects of the G5N zoom (noise gate/ compressor/ saturation/ wah wah/ etc...) into the amplifier.
    Thank's for all suggestions.

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  4. South Park

South Park Well-Known Member

Way do you need over drive with English muff

5. Mitchell Pearrow

Mitchell Pearrow Well-Known Member

Elmer I really have no suggestions for you as I am unfamiliar with the zoom.
    But I can say.
    Welcome to the forum, be patient there are more knowledgeable members here that can steer you in the correct direction.
    Cheers Mitch

6. Elmer33

Elmer33 New Member

To South Park,
    The BOSS OD-1 overdrive pedal set with zero gain serves as a compressor with more thickness in the spectrum.
    The EH English Muff'n preamp allows for finer saturation settings and brighter, round crystal sounds on the amp’s clear channel.