Pedal suggestion

Discussion in 'The Tone Zone' started by mtm105, Dec 6, 2019.

1. mtm105

mtm105 Well-Known Member

I've got 3 ODs, delay, tremelo. compression, BOSS (Tuner & Noise), HighTop (Vox amp sim) and some other snake oil boosts (TC Spark Plug, Fat Boost and Way Huge Angry Troll). Dunlop Hendrix pedal now replacing Karma Chorus (top row 2nd from right) and replace with an effect with same Insert plugs on top, same size about. What do Ineed? IMG_20191206_095826.jpg

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  2. jimmyjames

jimmyjames Well-Known Member

A bigger board

3. SkyMonkey

SkyMonkey Well-Known Member

Auto focus!

4. ampeq

ampeq Well-Known Member

I'd get a better amp. You should not need all that OD stuff with a good amp, unless you just run a good pedal platform amp without overdrive. "That Pedal Show" did a video on different amps with different OD pedals to show how much they vary. (I looked for you but couldn't find it, I'll try later.) The pedal you love with your Marshall 800 may be terrible with your buddy's Fender or Vox. Personally I hate OD pedals, I want my amp's drive & power coming through. (Although fuzz pedals can be fun.) But no two are the same going through different amp's. If you get a chance try an Fractal FX-8, well worth a look if you like that many pedals. The Helix LT is pretty cool also, but the Fractal is just incredible.

Mitchell Pearrow and stringtree like this.
  5. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member

EHX Attack Decay, Qtron+, Micro POG, Lester G, Ect.

stringtree likes this.
  6. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member Premium Member

Less pedals Bro...wow!

7. mtm105

mtm105 Well-Known Member

that's why I have three ODs. I switch Amps constantly. I'm thinking of replacing Chorus with Way Huge Fat Sandwich I have lying around. Only because it fits.

I switch Amps. That's all I do. I don't play out. Got about 7 boutique heads with 4 quality Cabs.

Mitchell Pearrow and SkyMonkey like this.
  8. mtm105

mtm105 Well-Known Member

There are only two Mods. Chorus and Delay. (minus extra Chorus). Compressor.

I've got tuner, noise suppressor, 3 snake oil boosts and an Amp sim. And BOSS Tremelo which doesn't sound very good IMO.

MarshallDog likes this.
  9. ampeq

ampeq Well-Known Member

Have you ever tried the FX-8? I have both that and a Helix LT, you can dial in pretty much any sound you want / need then save it for "that" amp. You can run the effects in either the front or back of the amp, and in your case make a screen for each amp you have. Then you can make up to 8 sub screens set up differently. They are pretty cheap when you think about how many top notch effects you get in this thing, and they can be tweaked like crazy to get JUST what you want.

10. Kutt

Kutt Well-Known Member

Not sure if you mean you require something with top mounted jacks, but perhaps a sweetass DOD Envelope Filter, currently on sale for a paltry $40 direct from DOD/Digitech/Harman/Samsung.

https://www.digitech.com/dod/

upload_2019-12-8_10-28-10.png

anitoli likes this.