Pedal order question

Discussion in 'The Tone Zone' started by chromeboy, May 20, 2019.

1. chromeboy

chromeboy Active Member

Hey guys, just a couple of questions on pedal order. Now I am running a chorus pedal and digital delay into the effects loop of my jet city 100hdm head and just added a digitech ricochet pedal into the same loop but haven't tried it yet. Just letting you know a little about my pedalboard. Now my pedal order as of now is my pedalboard wireless into my volumes pedal, into my wah pedal, into my univibe pedal, into my noise suppressor, into my ocd via the loop of the noise suppressor. Should the univibe be before or after the ocd and should it be used in the loop of the noise suppressor? Your thoughts?

2. BanditPanda

BanditPanda Well-Known Member

Re Uni-vibe. Pick your poison. Trower before. Hendrix after. Ultimately you'll decide which sounds best to your ears.
    Why noise suppressor so early in the chain. I thought it would go after all of the noise makers?
    Sorry. No idea about loops in noise suppressors.
    BP

3. Jon C

Jon C Well-Known Member

Depends on the unit .. Boss NS-2, as an example, is a Sidechain Gate .. Trigger 1st in line after Wah or Fuzz .. Reduction loop Gated at End ..

Mitchell Pearrow and BanditPanda like this.
  4. ricksconnected

ricksconnected Well-Known Member

noise gate is the last thing in my chain period.

5. bad565ss

bad565ss Well-Known Member

I have no amps with loops. Marshalls and Supros. On my board I run wah, compression, dirt, clean boost, tuner, and gate in that order. When using any modulation of time effects they go after boost. There really are no hard and fast rules per se. My setup is pretty standard though.

matttornado and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  6. matttornado

matttornado Well-Known Member

I like my Boss Chorus and phase 90 in front of my amps (Superlead & DSL) and the delay and EQ in the loop if the DSL.
    When using the superlead, same thing but i run a line out to the delay and EQ then to
    another amp.

7. fifteenohms

fifteenohms Active Member

My first thought is how anything I ever got from Digitech now resides in my parts pile.

ricksconnected likes this.