Original Parts Inside 1969 Jmp?

Discussion in 'Let's Talk Vintage' started by JMP MCP, Nov 29, 2016.

1. JMP MCP

JMP MCP New Member

Wow, thanks for the input everyone! Good to know. I would definitely send this to Greg if I was closer to NC. However, I am in CA so I think I will give Victor Mason of Plexi Palace a call.

2. neikeel

neikeel Well-Known Member

Interesting but Ron's amp has a replaced PT and has the HT switched after the rectifier, wonder if before or after the filter caps?

3. 66SuperTremolo

66SuperTremolo Active Member

Sanlitun Soho - Beijing & Kowloon, Hong Kong
    In CA....I'd be going to Roy Blankenship - ANY DAY of the YEAR. Both Roy and Greg are on par for their in depth knowledge of all things Vintage Marshall, honest, reputable gentlemen both par excellence.

http://www.blankenshipamprepair.com/

4. sct13

sct13 Active Member

Here is a Canadian export model 1987 very early 1969 Plexi panel. It has a newer bias pot, the OT was replaced but with a sourced, period correct one. Also the output selector was cracked. I took it out and glued the hell out of it till I find a good replacement...I recently changed out the Bias Caps too....Those greay ones were leaking....I also put in Grid Stoppers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can hear it here

Kris Ford likes this.
  5. DPTONE5

DPTONE5 Well-Known Member

This is a fascinating thread!! I wish I understood more of it, but there are some smart and helpful people in this forum. Very cool!!