NGD - Universal Audio Ox Box

Discussion in 'Cabinets & Speakers' started by dptone5, Jan 6, 2020.

1. dptone5

dptone5 Well-Known Member

Friends,

Picked up the UA Ox Box. Just spent a few hours with it. All I can say is WOW. The cabinets sound terrific and the mic options can really help you tweak your tone when playing live (if you send the signal to the house) or recording.

My primary purpose of getting it is to allow me to record more frequently and safely. My gear is in the basement and the two impediments to recording are the set-up and the volume needed to get the tone that I want. Everyone leaves the house when I record. At 54 years old, I already have hearing loss. This was the one purchase my wife was happy for me to spend the money on!! LOL

Now, I simply turn my amp up to at least "7" on the MV, plug it into the Ox, tweak the cabinet / mic combinations to my liking, and record quietly through my monitors or headphones. The results are surprisingly terrific. Very close to the sound of my favorite 1960BX with Greenbacks. Just will take a little tweaking to make it nearly identical.

Looking forward to recording more and sharing some clips. Work is unfortunately very busy right now......

DP

2. BanditPanda

BanditPanda Well-Known Member

Yup DP this is the way to go.
    A wee bit expensive but with you and the wife being happy well worth it eh. !!
    BP

tce63 and dptone5 like this.
  3. dptone5

dptone5 Well-Known Member

See my new thread for update.........