New Pedal Digitech Death Metal

Discussion in 'The Tone Zone' started by Marshall4Metal, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Marshall4Metal

Marshall4Metal Well-Known Member

I got this yesterday for 35 bones off Reverb. It came new just lucky I guess P7190612.JPG P7190613.JPG and gives me exactly what I wanted an aggressive distortion with a ton of bass and cut. It does not have that high end fizz that plagues may dist pedals IF you run it through the mixer output there it sounds like it would if ran out of the return loop, when running in front of the amp. I've been curious about this little box of mayhem for years it did not disappoint. It's my go to dist box for a clean channel. The control sweep is massive all the bass mid treble you will ever need and then some. It's got a certain tone and cut that I really like.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  2. Drinkingdeath01

Drinkingdeath01 Well-Known Member

I remember when these came out. I was in high school and I think it was the first pedal I ever bought new. If I remember correctly mine had the controls labeled like guts and pain and some other metal like names. It was killer on the clean channel through my old 2205. I still have it along with my old metalzone, metal maniac and the hot pink thrashmaster. Thanks for bringing that memory back. Now I'm off to go dig those old girls up and see how they sound now.:cheers:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    bullhead and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  3. Bartrant

Bartrant Member

Now you speak about it,I had one too!I can not remember exactly what it was,but something like DOD comes to my mind.However,it was extremely cool of course,and sounded bettter than dad's chainsaw.

4. mtm105

mtm105 Well-Known Member

Tone sucking monsters.

I have Bad Monkey. I've had Blues Screamer and Grunge. These pedals suck massive tone.

5. bullhead

bullhead Member

Ah, man. I loved my thrashmaster and metal maniac. I have to dig mine up as well now.

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  6. Wildeman

Wildeman Well-Known Member

Some funny ass names there! Remember the Slam Punk?

bullhead likes this.