New Marshall CODE digital amp series

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by Moony, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Moony

Moony Member

So many of you were very curious the last days, now take a look at the brand new Marshall CODE digital amp series:

[​IMG]

Designed to offer "authentic modelling" of classic and contemporary Marshall tones via Marshall-Softube (MST) modelling, as well as "professional quality" effects, CODE offers 14 preamps, four power amps and eight speaker cabinets.

CODE's MST preamps include JTM45 2245, 1962 Bluesbreaker, 1959SLP Plexi, JCM800 2203, JCM2555 Silver Jubilee, JCM2000 DSL100, JVM410H and more, while power amp voicings on offer are EL34, 5881, EL84 & 6L6 – there's a selection of speaker cabs, too: 1960, 1960V, 1960AX, 1936V, 1912, 1974X and more.

[​IMG]

Bluetooth is included across the range, allowing players to stream audio, as well as remotely control the amp and share presets with others users via the Marshall Gateway app – USB offers DAW integration and audio playback, too.
    The CODE series starts at £169 for the CODE25 1x10 combo, progressing to £349 for the CODE100 2x12" combo – full prices are below:

• CODE25 1 x 10" combo £169
    • CODE50 1 x 12" combo £229
    • CODE100 2x12" combo £349
    • CODE100H head £289
    • CODE412 4x12" speaker cabinet £199
    • CODE footcontroller £39
    Full specifications

• 100 user editable presets
    • 14 preamp models
    • 4 power amp models
    • 8 speaker cabinet models
    • 24 pro quality FX
    • Up to 5 FX simultaneously
    • Bluetooth & USB connectivity
    • Marshall Gateway compatible
    • Headphone output
    • Line input
    • Tuner
    • Programmable footcontroller (sold separately)

(taken from: http://www.musicradar.com/news/guit...th-softube-for-code-digital-amp-series-633276)

Malikon likes this.
  2. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands Well-Known Member

If these have the same modeling algorithms as the JMD, then count me in.

3. big dooley

big dooley Well-Known Member VIP Member

damnit...
    and i bought a yamaha thr10... A MONTH AGO...

Douglas likes this.
  4. MonstersOfTheMidway

MonstersOfTheMidway Well-Known Member

Looks interesting; the specs seem pretty good. I obviously don't know how smoothly this will all work together, whether Marshall will offer firmware updates, or establish some kind of official community to support this product, but it's all very interesting.

For me, what matters most would be the sound as well as the effort it took work out any bugs before it reaches consumers homes. Not saying that it is full of bugs, but I'd like to see some highly qualified, competent people put it through the a good work-out and then report back in a review. But if the sound is great and it works smoothly, then this could be a good thing to own (I immediately see it's potential in the studio. In regards to the "sound", I don't care if it sounds like the amps for which they are modeled after; I just care that the sounds are great and allow the user plenty of control to customize their tones.

The head box I'm not too crazy about, but maybe it can be pulled out and placed in a rack space. Still, I'd probably rather own this than the Astoria.

5. HeHasTheJazzHands

Aesthetically, it looks like Marshall took some inspiration from Line 6.

[​IMG]

6. Moony

Moony Member

Latest, when Pete Thorn makes a demo video, they will sell like hotcakes! :lol:

Robert Pezzella and FabioPol like this.
  7. Moony

Moony Member

Not really, the user panel looks totally different. The headshell might be similar, but that's all.

cichlid likes this.
  8. BowerR64

BowerR64 Well-Known Member

The covering looks like carpet?

9. wakjob

wakjob Well-Known Member

Softube! :monkey:

And power tube modeling! take that Blackstar

About $599 US for the head?

10. Australian

Australian Green Beret VIP Member

Yeah thats what Im hoping, that theres a rack version.

11. MonstersOfTheMidway

I kinda agree with this. The Marshall CODE head box looks kinda cheap, but that's just from what I see on the pics.

I'm not one of those guys that say, "I don't care how it looks." Appearances matter, and if we all stopped and thought about it, we'd catch ourselves making comments about how something looks that we find in everyday life (e.g. cars, guitar, women, clothing, etc. The differences is that in the case of this new Marshall CODE amp, change might be easy (and it might look cool in a different box or in a rack space.

12. Bloodrock

Bloodrock Well-Known Member

50W version and I'm in! This is almost exactly what I was hoping for from a JMD2!!!!

13. HeHasTheJazzHands

It's most likely going to be solid state, so being 50w or 100w won't make a difference.

14. MonstersOfTheMidway

I'm curious to demo. I have a feeling that to me and many others, the manner of operation will be very familiar because it incorporates technology with which many people are already familiar.

I can't tell you how many times I've read here and elsewhere regarding people's struggle with MIDI technology, yet it's technology that's been around for more than 20 years (the struggles are various and not frequent, but the struggles still continue after all this time. I think the new CODE amps will probably one of the easiest pieces of gear to use. Like I said before, whether Marshall and it's partner have worked out all the bugs remains to be seen, but if all the features work smoothly and it offers great sounds, it could be an immediate hit in the studio.

15. BowerR64

BowerR64 Well-Known Member

I notice sort of a trend with marshall seems to be higher end stuff has piping or white trim, lower end stuff they leave it off.

You can usually tell quickly from the outline of the piping where the stuff sits in their line.

16. HeHasTheJazzHands

It's been a trend for awhile. Started with the Valvestate series.

17. PU239

PU239 Well-Known Member

First this is NOT a JMD2 it is very different, its all digital.

Now, before folks damm it give it a chance, it sounds really good. A lot of folks gave their input on this project and are very very happy with it. The price is icing on the cake.

LPMarshall hack likes this.
  18. HeHasTheJazzHands

I'm also assuming the power section is class D or is it standard solid state?

19. big dooley

big dooley Well-Known Member VIP Member

since it can emulate different cabinets i wonder what kind of speakers they'll be using?
    i suppose full rangers

20. Rocktane

Rocktane Well-Known Member

Not the best looking headshell but piping usually isn't too difficult to add. (who knows, this shell could be molded). At least it doesn't have snake fangs and lightning bolts!

My mind is open on this series, hope it sounds good. They certainly included the right amps in the preamp section, count me in as interested.