New Jet City Amelia 50 Watt Head.

Discussion in 'Other Amps' started by chromeboy, Jan 1, 2017.

1. chromeboy

chromeboy Active Member

I just seen this amp on gc's website. I heard Jet City was coming out with a new amp. This head has a dedicated clean channel and an overdrive channel with a footswitchable gain for the overdrive channel. I was wondering if anyone has seen any videos on this amp or reviews. I can't seem to find any. I already a jca 50h and really like it. Btw, I forgot to say that the Amelia amp also has a depth nob on it as well. Was thinking on taking a chance on this head but wanted to at least see a review or video.

2. ricksconnected

ricksconnected Well-Known Member

3. johnfv

johnfv Well-Known Member

Reviving this old thread, just ordered an Amelia head to try. I've been a fan of Jet City stuff for a while now - great tone at very affordable prices. I'm hoping it can be a good gig platform for me as an alternative to my JVM410HJS. Honestly the only thing I don't like about the JS is the weight (and I don't need 100 watts). Things I'm excited about in the Amelia:
    - true clean channel
    - footswitchable master (solo boost) in addition to channel switching
    - full EQ for each channel
    - 50 watts
    - depth and presence controls

Anyone else have one? Crazy affordable when combined with 15% off coupon:
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampl...ication-amelia-50w-tube-guitar-amplifier-head

4. johnfv

johnfv Well-Known Member

Following up in this old thread. I've owned this amp for a few months now and really like it. It's a crazy good value for the money. I changed out V1 but other than that it's 100% stock. I've gigged it a some and have used extensively in rehearsals. The one change I would make: I wish the overdrive circuit was footswitchable. The OD really sounds good but I don't want it on all the time (but that's a minor complaint). You guys that like more gain may very well like the OD on all the time. Of course it's made in China and you can't expect "premium" components at the low prices but bottom line, I've been a fan of the JCA stuff for a while - great tone and bang for the buck. The Amelia takes it to another level, and the clean channel in particular is better/different than anything I've tried from them before. The footswitchable master is a great feature, I wish every MV amp had this :yesway:

Ghostman likes this.
  5. Ghostman

Ghostman Well-Known Member

There's a JCA100HDM head near me at a GC for a stupid price. I'm going to go check it out soon.

6. jchrisf

jchrisf Active Member

MF had the JCA50 on sale for $319 new last week. If you look at http://www.ampfactory.com/100-ltd/ they have a new JCA100 Limited Edition that is EL34 based SLO circuit.

7. Shae201

Shae201 Well-Known Member

I must say...the Amelia has grabbed my attention :shock:

8. Ghostman

I thought all the JCA100's were SLO based? :scratch:

9. jchrisf

jchrisf Active Member

They are but this limited edition has EL34s and not 6L6s

10. Ghostman

and different cosmetics. :wave:

jchrisf likes this.
  11. AlanH

AlanH Active Member

Was trying to wade my way through the hijacked 'Alternative to the new DSL' thread and gave up having found nothing much of use amongst the detritus (it's no fun for OP's sometimes on this forum).

Anyway, among some other google searches I found out about the Jet City Amelia. Are there any other owners here or people who have tried one besides John above? Two footswitchable channels with independent EQs, FX loop, presence and resonance, 50W - it looks like a fantastic gigging amp with lots of bang for buck...

12. Ghostman

Haven't seen any in the real world yet. But hopefully someday. :shrug:

13. johnfv

johnfv Well-Known Member

I'm a bit surprised more people have not given it a try. The price is a bargain, try one and if you don't like it send it back to Musician's Friend for a refund. I still think it's a damn good amp and particularly impressive for the money. I forgot to mention the loop is working well for me also, I have an Eventide H9 in the loop and a few pedals in front (using a Patchmate). It's all controlled by my Midimate; the Patchmate also does the channel and master switching on the amp. YMMV...

AlanH and ricksconnected like this.
  14. ricksconnected

tell us about that Eventide H9.

15. johnfv

johnfv Well-Known Member

Most important, the sounds are great. I use it almost entirely for delay and verb - they are excellent. Of course it will do any of the harmonizer stuff too (EVH, etc.). The bluetooth app is very flexible but there are times I wish it had more dedicated knobs when I just want to make a small adjustment. Basically it stays inside my rack and I never touch or look it it - I'm either adjusting via the app or controlling via MIDI. It's a bit pricey but sounds damn good... It's funny, a loaded H9 will cost more than the Amelia amp :)

16. ricksconnected

ive toyed with getting one of these a few time. I really want to check one out

17. bad565ss

bad565ss Active Member

I had a Jet City JCA22H that I got when they went on sale for $249 or something. With my points I got it for $169. to my door. It was a very cool little amp. 20 watts but kept up with the band no problem.
    It was so good when the 100HDM went on sale for $499 I grabbed one. It's really good. All of their amps are shipped with very cheap Chinese tubes but otherwise these are well built amps.
    The Amelia I understand is a very different animal and very unique. I love the idea of foot switchable master volumes for sure. No channel switching would be a deal killer I think.

johnfv likes this.
  18. johnfv

johnfv Well-Known Member

Just to clarify: the Amelia has foot switchable channels AND master volumes. There is an additional overdrive circuit on channel 2 that is switchable on the front panel but not via footswitch. AmeliaFS.JPG

bad565ss likes this.
  19. bad565ss

bad565ss Active Member

Cool! Thank you for clarifying. That seemed a little odd lol.

johnfv likes this.
  20. AlanH

AlanH Active Member

Thanks for the further info and updates John. Glad I found and resurrected your thread.

If a good deal comes along I can see one in my future...

johnfv likes this.