New Dsl20cr Day

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by ido1957, Aug 3, 2018.

1. ido1957

ido1957 Member

Picked one of these up this morning. Still fiddling a bit with the settings, but spent a long time testing it with my own guitar at L and M before deciding to buy. I'm going to use it for local jam sessions (various genres) and looking forward to getting it out on a stage to see how it responds. It seems to have ample volume for the pub stages I'm going to be on...
    IMG_0749.JPG

2. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new amp!

ido1957 likes this.
  3. ido1957

ido1957 Member

I stopped using high gain on my JCM900 years ago. I play a lot more C and W and Pop Rock so distortion is not a big requirement for me. So as I'm testing this out at L and M, I flipped to high gain. The sucker started to feedback. I was pretty close and the amp was on a raised platform so the guitar was about 12" away from the speaker. It was "luscious" if that is a word for feedback type lol... I may have to add some old rock tunes to my repertoire. :)

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  4. Mitchell Pearrow

Mitchell Pearrow Well-Known Member

Happy NAD ido1957

5. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

Congrats!

6. ido1957

ido1957 Member

This amp did not disappoint this afternoon. 25X12 stage. Amp mic'd. Volume at around 11 o'clock. Lots of headroom. EC Strat with boost at 5 and volume at 7 for rhythm, up to 8 or 9 for blistering loud solos.
    Yesterday not mic'd smaller stage ran it at 2 o'clock. Still plenty loud for my purposes. And only 36 lbs.