New Dsl

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by hpharley90, Sep 13, 2017.

1. baconjerky

baconjerky Member

The price of that 1w with it being made in Asia now is right where it should be. They're gonna do very well in particular

2. renips

renips Well-Known Member

The 10" speaker in the 20cr sets it apart from most other offerings in the smaller combo market because if the 10" speaker. The amp has probably had the circuit designed to maximize the 10" speaker. The 20 hr allows for the pairing to 1x12,2x12 and 4x12 cabs. I am sure people will use it with 4x10 cabs. This is going to successful.

riffermadness and BanditPanda like this.
  3. johan.b

johan.b Well-Known Member

Dual and i assume footswitchable masters are a welcome addition on the 100 watter.
    j

4. JohnH

JohnH Well-Known Member

I think this looks like a good line of products for Marshall. There's a proper amp there for anyone who wants a real one of any size, all referenced to the very well regarded DSL line and classic style. I hope they sound as good as they should and do well, to allow Marshall to keep developing.

riffermadness and BanditPanda like this.
  5. Kinkless Tetrode

Kinkless Tetrode Member

Yes, that should have been a no brainer. On the DSL15H all that was needed was to switch in a gain bleed to ground through a 150k resistor then Lead 2 turns into Lead 1. There was even a place for the resistor on the board. Putting in a switch to switch green clean to green crunch would have been just as easy.

These might be a different preamp design though. Only three ECC83s? Did they replace a couple of gain stages with diode clipping or something?

But a loop will be welcome to many in that market segment. That was a deal breaker for many for the DSL15.

6. slagg

slagg Active Member

Agree:dude:

baconjerky likes this.
  7. Jethro Rocker

Jethro Rocker Well-Known Member

I still find it very strnge that these don't appear anywhere else. Something fishy?

4Horseman and Micky like this.
  8. Jethro Rocker

But the old ones had gain and volume for each channel as well.

9. Bloodrock

Bloodrock Well-Known Member

So the 20w only has 3 12ax7's? Hopefully that's an indication that the ultra channel will be more like ultra 1 and not the awful ultra 2 like the 15h! So now the question, will classic gain be based on the crunch channel? If so these 20w heads will be great!

10. Msharky67

Msharky67 Well-Known Member

I thought the first reissues where perfect. Why change them again. My original DSL50 is going to be worth nothing now since the supply of DSL's are so wide. Tell's me Marshall is plum sunk out of ideas. My next amp won't be a DSL for sure! Now a mini JCM800 with reverb ,FX loop low wattage then you got me talking. I guess that will never happen. :2c:

JCarno and hpharley90 like this.
  11. BanditPanda

BanditPanda Well-Known Member

You know what Sharky ? I think it will happen a mini JCM800 with reverb ,FX loop low wattage.

JCarno and JAC like this.
  12. AlanH

AlanH Active Member

While the description looks the same has anybody else clocked the two extra knobs on the DSL40CR photo (13 knobs vs 11 on the DSL40C)??

ken361 likes this.
  13. Angus Rhoads

Angus Rhoads Well-Known Member

Master Volume 1 & 2 like the JVM line - check out the photo of the DSL100HR, it's much clearer and expands better. Can't read what's on the two extra buttons, though I assume one is to switch between 1 & 2, but what does the other one do?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  14. Jethro Rocker

Ah now I see it. Also 2 MV as per JVM. Nice. But why only on here? What about Marshall.com? I don't get it.

15. Vintagemod

Vintagemod New Member

Its embargoed and Marshall have not announced yet. Not fishy just google crawling links that sites have put up too early. Happens all the time.

16. stickyfinger

stickyfinger Active Member

I think in Lead 1 mode there's supposed to be a 10k resistor in series with the cathode bypass cap.
    This lowers the gain even more with the 150k resistor installed in R82, no? Or does this minimize switching noise instead?

17. Kinkless Tetrode

Kinkless Tetrode Member

I don't recall.

On edit: Try a 100k instead of a 150k, it reduces gain more below 12:00 and makes the amp respond better to guitar volume knob riding, but you still have more gain than you will ever need by just cranking the gain up to about 3:00.

18. JCMDOUG

JCMDOUG Active Member

I will Buy the 100HR for sure. For live playing two master volumes works the best for me.
    I have four amps that have it, JVMs and my 900s. Its the one of the reasons I have stayed away from the 800s no effects loop unless its a reissue is the other reason.

Sickriverlespaul likes this.
  19. marshallmellowed

marshallmellowed Well-Known Member

Probably released by Marshall as a marketing probe. Hear the complaints before making the amps. :hmm:

Jethro Rocker likes this.
  20. BrentD

BrentD Active Member

The pictures look like they have the right elephant vinyl to match older amps. I also see rivets on the corner protectors instead of the screws on the current line.

It's small potatoes but it did drive me nuts!

I'd love to see side handles on the 40CR.

ken361 likes this.