New Amp Day - I “got” A Kemper!

Discussion in 'Other Amps' started by Deep Purple fan, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Deep Purple fan

Deep Purple fan Well-Known Member

A shit player through a great amp will still sound like shit. Imagine the horror if he was playing a 68 Plexi at volume.

I was in Guitar Center a while back and there was a kid maybe 14 or 15 years old shredding though a cheap Peavey Vyper combo and he sounded amazing. On the flip side, We’ve all seen the type of dude you’re talking about hacking his way through and oblivious that he sounds bad. The amp is the tool and that’s all. I’d never base a decision on an amp because I heard some guy butchering a bunch of licks.

My take on these guys getting banned for the “tranny” and the “where was it made” comments from the Kemper and Fractal forums has more to do with these forums being run by people who claim to be progressive thinkers but actually try to be the thought police. That is nothing more than politically correct politically focused none sense. That crap has nothing to do with the technical features of an amp and it’s a huge stretch and error in logic to connect them.

Will Kemper become obsolete.....probably, but not in the way you may be thinking. I can think of some improvements right off the bat. Blue tooth connectivity would be fantastic. Blue tooth and an app would be even better. A real aux in would also be great. Lowering the price would be fantastic. Putting an expression pedal on the footswitch would be.......great. But overall, it’s a brilliant piece of kit that delivers on everything Kemper claims it does in a light weight well built package.

Kemper is not a modeling amp. It’s been around for several years now. A more compelling argument than Kemper owners being ‘fanatics’ is the amp delivers versatility, ease of use and a tonal pallet of clean, crunch, lead and high gain tones that is not available in most amps. It took me less than an hour to figure it out.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Jethro Rocker and rick16v like this.
  2. JacksonCharvelAddict

JacksonCharvelAddict Well-Known Member

There is a ton of post criticizing the Kemper on their forum. They don't seem to mind that but they do get butt hurt if you make a joke that could be considered bad taste by a social justice moron.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    mAx___ and rick16v like this.
  3. rick16v

rick16v Well-Known Member

Loads of us kemper owners are aware of the short-comings. Same way I know my tube amps just don't cut it at low volume and my Rockerverb was fucking heavy.

I never understand people defending gear like it matters what people think. Discussions are interesting but as soon as people get emotionally offensive or defensive about a piece of kit, I tend to leave the conversation.

mAx___ likes this.