Nad: Finally! Marshall Origin 50 Head

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by tolm, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Rickrevs

Rickrevs Active Member

not sure on "The gear page" but all origin info here :)
    http://www.marshallforum.com/threads/marshall-origin-series-amplifiers.99770/

2. tolm

tolm Active Member

Very nice! Probably my favourite neck profile, TBH, really comfy and soooo much nicer than the skinny necks on the Gibson Firebirds I’d had previously. The pickup (a “proper” repro of a 60s Firebird pickup) sounds really good too.

Only thing I’ve changed is the wraparound bridge, which is now a nickel-plated bell-brass ABM bridge and not only looks/feels nicer but has fattened the tone nicely. I mean, it’s still a “Tele on steroids” kinda vibe but it’s rolled a touch of the (very) high-end off which was occasionally a little too shrill so very pleased I went for it.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    BanditPanda likes this.
  3. tolm

tolm Active Member

I was one of the first to spot this issue with my 50W combo - at least, when my local store contacted Marshall they didn’t seem to yet know about it! Anyway, there is a recall I believe but they’re taking it slow due to the sheer volume of amps that need updating.

The manual states to use socket #3 for a single 8ohm cab or #2 and #3 for 2x16 ohm cabs. If you have a “daisy chain” option then you could run two 16ohm cabs off socket #3 alone: basic rule, whatever is plugged into those two sockets must have an overall 8 ohm load, regardless of whether you’re using one or both of the sockets.

So, yeh, those two MG cabs can’t be used together and if you’re using only one of them you should use socket #3.

4. Michael Roe

Michael Roe Well-Known Member

If Quality Control lets that out to the market.....I call it a TURD!!!!!!! I love Marshall amps but to let that one slip by is BS! BTW,I did give the guy advice: SEND IT BACK!
    There are too many sensitive Origin lovers here. I wonder what they do with that extra jack that does not work on their amps :)

5. Buzzard

Buzzard Well-Known Member

''Turd burglar"

6. Jason Fieldhouseespk

Jason Fieldhouseespk Well-Known Member

Ah fuck it, I'm not gonna argue with ya! Probably shouldn't have happened, it meant nothing to me, I'd just get the cabs rewired, no big deal really!

7. Georgiatec

Georgiatec Well-Known Member VIP Member

Looking for something I don't remember what.
    Proper tube that matey.