NAD "Ceriatone Chupacabra"

Discussion in 'Other Amps' started by ampeq, Oct 25, 2019.

1. ampeq

ampeq Well-Known Member

Well, after a looong 6 week wait my Chupacabra 50 just arrived! I shipped from Malaysia tuesday and got here friday, unbelievable. I haven't tried it yet but sure will tonight and over the weekend. I'll let you know the good and bad. From what we have seen so far the build quality is excellent, except for a "Ruby" tube. Once I break it in and get used to it, then I'll try some other tubes. Time will tell.

Attached Files:

2. ricksdisconnected

ricksdisconnected Well-Known Member

very cool. ive been wondering about these amps myself

scozz likes this.
  3. tce63

tce63 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Looks great, HNAD, Congrats, Cheers :cheers:

scozz likes this.
  4. purpleplexi

purpleplexi Well-Known Member

I've always had good results with ruby tubes. Cool amp BTW.

tce63 likes this.
  5. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member Premium Member

Congrats, looks awesome bet it will sound awesome too. I agree with you on Ruby tubes.

The “Pussy Trimmer” knob :rofl:what does that do???

tce63 likes this.
  6. jchrisf

jchrisf Well-Known Member

Beautiful looking amp. Looking forward to your thoughts on it. 6 weeks isn't bad at all. I'm still thinking about a 2202, 2204 or Chupacabra.

tce63 likes this.
  7. jchrisf

Rear-panel Pussy TrimmerTM allows the player to fine tune compression and saturation

PUSSY TRIMMERTM allows you to further fine tune the gain and saturation the Yeti. Turning this control down can reduce the possible saturation and gain. We recommend turning this up to about 2:00 for the standard gain and response. If it’s too much and too hard to control, you can reign things in by turning the PUSSY TRIMMER down. If you take steroids, jump out of planes, and wrestle bears you can just go ahead and crank the PUSSY TRIMMER all the way to the max (clockwise).

Around back, a knob labeled Pussy Trimmer controls the signal level at the output of the second gain stage, to further tame the sizzle as desired (Azam assures us this control’s name resulted from an inside joke regarding a previous Ceriatone model that struck fear into the hearts of many players, and is not intended to have salacious connotations).

8. 66 Kicks

66 Kicks New Member

In addition to gain, Pussy Trim also alters tone. At 50% you almost have the classic Marshall treble-peak thing with the 470K/470pF.

Chupacabra 50W.gif

tce63 likes this.
  9. ampeq

ampeq Well-Known Member

So far this thing is pretty incredible, but I'v only tried it with a Strat. You don't need "boost" pedals or "attenuators", the amp itself is made to work right out of the box. The power is very good and controllable. I'v got to learn how stuff works now but it seems quite versatile for a British toned amp, very nice clean. The Pussy Trimmer is something all amps should have. This is a modded amp and has a tone of drive, I would love to try the more std. 800ish amps they have as well as Plexi models. Judging by what I'v seen so far there is no way I would by any british voiced amp over one of these. Metro's are supposed to be even better, but not for the money. I'll let you know more soon as I can, but so far.... WOW!

wntbtw and jchrisf like this.
  10. shooto

shooto Well-Known Member

Congrats!

11. ampeq

ampeq Well-Known Member

OK, got a little time under my belt with this Chupa now and so far this thing is incredible. I wish everyone could try it because it's well worth a test flight for anyone looking for a British tone amp. The quality and build of this amp is 2nd to none, first rate job. The sound is awesome, even at low volume levels it sounds great. Now I know why they said it didn't need a 1/2 power switch when I tried to order it. You can also run it with the volume wide open and set the level with one of the gains, kinda like a "non master volume" amp. I'm still trying to work out the 3 voicings, 2 gains, each with 3-way bright switches, and the Pussy Trimmer. Between all of these there is a lot of versatility in this amp. Very ballsy amp to say the least, and the clean is very full sounding, the whole amp seems extremely pick sensitive and powerful. So far I love this thing, it's just what I'v been looking for, you get a great Marshall type tone but in a much more usable format. You don't need any pedals to perk it up, and you don't need any attenuators to bring it down so you can play it in a bedroom or small gig. They just came out with a new "modded Plexi" type amp called the Molecular that looks very sweet. The more I look at it the more I want one of the 2202 small amps or combo. (800ish) wntbtw has 2 of the small amps that are awesome and the price is incredible. Nobody thinks about it but Ceriatone also makes point to point Fender and other style amps that should be top of the line stuff as well. If you don't think they can sound like a Marshall, listen to this. (I hope it comes through, if not I'll send where it is.) I'll let you know more as I learn.

12. Filipe Soares

Filipe Soares Well-Known Member

I don't know, but I come from a place that invented the Brazilian wax, so I think all pussies should be trimmed.

MarshallDog likes this.
  13. tce63

tce63 Well-Known Member Premium Member

:funny:

MarshallDog likes this.
  14. shooto

shooto Well-Known Member

Sounds dead-on

15. Wolvieberzerker

Wolvieberzerker Well-Known Member

The 2202 is awesome. I have one. Not a bedroom amp though. Very loud. But again, killer amp. How the fx loop on the Chupacabra? Thinking that could be my next amp.

16. MarshallDog

Trimmed but not bald :wow:

17. Filipe Soares

Filipe Soares Well-Known Member

as the great poet, hank moody, once said ¨while I'm down there it might be nice to see a hint of pubis. I'm not talking about a huge 70's Playboy bush or anything. Just something that reminds me that I'm performing cunnilingus on an adult.¨

Lance Chambers, tallcoolone and tce63 like this.
  18. MarshallDog

Exactly!!!!!!!

I always thought that bald shit was a bit perverted!

tce63 likes this.
  19. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member

Nothing like splitting "hairs". :D

MarshallDog and tce63 like this.
  20. jchrisf

Speaking of this... I was watching a Youtube video the other day with some younger Malaysians... and they explained that english is their first/main language. They spoke it with an American accent. Blew my mind.

tce63 likes this.