Nad: Bugera 1960 Infinium

Discussion in 'Other Amps' started by Marker, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Marker

Marker Well-Known Member

Bugera has the best costumer experience I ever faced.

If you read up on this thread you'll see that one week after buying the amp and playing it cranked everyday one Bugera EL34 power tube got dead. I noticed a lack of power and when looking at the rear panel the Infinium valve monitoring LED for the tube number 3 was lit - everything worked as designed and I simply replaced the tube with a JJ EL34 spare I had and problem solved - no bias adjustments required, no dramas, just plug and play!

It's normal for power tubes to get faulty all of a sudden - I had other amps (Marshall included) with faulty tubes on the arrival. What's not normal is the manufacturer costumer support really caring for you, even if you're just the average Joe, and treating you like a rock star. That's what Bugera did for me, in particular Shane Sipe (Bugera Product and Costumer Support) that posts here regularly - he sent me from the USA to Portugal not only one new EL34 Power Tube but a whole matched quartet personally tested by himself, plus a special prototype 12AX7D preamp tube for the phase inverter which is selected for balance and proposed use as phase inverters for a more Classic Rock tone:

[​IMG]

The package arrived to me 2 days latter after Bugera / Shane sending it (shipped by international priority) and of course he even sent Beaker to give me some help changing the tubes in case I need it!

[​IMG]

This is premium costumer service, I have several Marshalls's, Gibsons, had Fenders, Vox, have contacted them and never had any other company caring about my questions and issues like this (some of them never even bothered to reply); Bugera is not only making great amps but also investing in creating very happy costumers!

As for the amp itself, my list of amps got bigger after I bought the Bugera; still the Bugera 1960 Infinium is the amp that gets more played, the cranked tone is unreal!

2. solarburnDSL50

solarburnDSL50 Well-Known Member

My mutherfucker! Doesn't get any better than that!

I continue to beat the Fuck out of my 1990. High volume. All is good.

steveb63, Mystic38 and Marker like this.
  3. JM5010

JM5010 Member

Hey Marker + Solarburn,

I'm thinking of getting a 1960I. I've read the horror stories and read that they were almost always associated with the old 1960's.
    How well has the 1960I held up for the both of you? Are they still up and running?

Also, how heavy are these heads?

4. solarburnDSL50

solarburnDSL50 Well-Known Member

The Infinium models are good to go.

As far as heft? Yep. Solid. I don't find they pain me moving them though. You can look at stats. Don't know what they weigh off the top of my head.

5. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

6262 about 48lbs...
    1960 about the same...
    1990 and the 333 all listed @ 47...

solarburnDSL50 likes this.
  6. Marker

Marker Well-Known Member

Still running strong and beautifully .
    It ranks high on my favourite amps!

Guitar Rod and solarburnDSL50 like this.
  7. Guitar Rod

Guitar Rod Member

Looking at the list of amps you own, that's high praise.

steveb63 likes this.
  8. Garrett

Garrett Well-Known Member

I love the fact that the majority of people totally disregard Bugera amps. Pushes the used prices pretty low.

I have the 333XL and have thought about the 1990 and the 6262. Thinking the 6262 would be similar to the 333XL but the 1990 might be worth a shot.

If my Bugera died tomorrow, I'd get another in a heartbeat,

steveb63 and solarburnDSL50 like this.
  9. Marker

Marker Well-Known Member

I had the 6260 head and didn't like it. Too much gain and no bite or punch. I guess I'm a British style of amp only.

10. scozz

scozz Well-Known Member

Bugeras are a great value! Long gone are the quality plagued Bugera amps of the past. Their quality has improved considerably.

Congrats! :thumb:

Guitar Rod and solarburnDSL50 like this.