Nad: Bugera 1960 Infinium

Discussion in 'Other Amps' started by Marker, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Marker

Marker Well-Known Member

Hello friends,

I've just bought a Bugera 1960 Infinium ; as most of you might now it's a Marshall 1959 clone with bonus features:
    - one of the inputs has already the treble and bass channels internally jumpered (parallel) so no patch cable is needed, you simply adjust both the volumes to your liking
    - Cascade mod (same as Randy Rhoads) on another one of the inputs
    - master volume on the back , with a full bypass switch
    - effects loop on the back, with full bypass switch
    - Infinium technology that autoadjust the bias; you can mix different tube types

Visually the amp is impressive, very heavy / bulky and looks well built; looks much better that the pictures you see.

To what matters the most - this thing sounds absolutelly unreal. It's very loud - I don't like the tone with the master volume engaged so unless you have an attenuator at home all you have is a beautifull clean tone, full bodied , pristine clean tube amp.

My master volume is an SPL Attenuator and it works wonderfully with this amp. On the cascade input you get reall convincing rich Marshall Plexi tone - think Classic Rock (Led Zep, Thin Lizzy, Nazareth, T. Rex, AC/DC any era) and 80s Hard Rock with all the gain you could ever need (Guns N' Roses, Scorpions, Dokken, Whitesnake,....).

This thing is amazing and it sure doesn't lacks when compared to my other amps - Marshall 2555 SL, AFD100, Vintage Modern, TSL, JCM 800 2203x,...

Very impressed - big rich tone that sustains forever and very touch sensitive! It sure worths a lot more than what I paid for it (350 Euro), it sounds as good as the best amps I've heard.

Btw, there's not a single Youtube demo that makes this amp justice.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  2. saxon68

saxon68 Well-Known Member

Thats awesome man! I was just checking some vids out, sounds pretty cool and not rough on the wallet.

Marker likes this.
  3. solarburnDSL50

solarburnDSL50 Well-Known Member

Congrats!

Been enjoying mine for sometime now. I too don't like the PPIMV much so either I go unbridled...which I can where I live or I squeeze mine with a Weber Mass 200.

Right now I have 6V6's in to cut volume too. Still loud but not squeezed at all.

My Strat loves this amp.

4. solarburnDSL50

Fucking around with Strat pup selections...phone recording...down the hallway.LOL

steveb63 and Marker like this.
  5. solarburnDSL50

I think for $400 new...amp sounds good.

Jus masturbating the amp...ignore my barking.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  6. solarburnDSL50

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  7. ampmadscientist

ampmadscientist Well-Known Member

Well it's like I said before: Bugera does sound pretty good.
    If they would solve their customer support & thermal management problems, they could put Mesa out of business.

solarburnDSL50 likes this.
  8. solarburnDSL50

Look at you you old sofety...:cheers:

9. ampmadscientist

I didn't mention that Bugera is a copy of Mesa Boogie...but IMHO, better designed, and easier to service.
    That's what really gets me:
    so much potential.....but

10. solarburnDSL50

The 2 I have are Marshall copies. The others I know not. I do know mine sound like Marshall. For the price they keep playing, sounding good.

I have never owned a MesaBoogie. I have played a Tripple Rec once. 2 dicks were limp. The amps and mine. It was at volume too. Sound proof room.

11. kustombob

kustombob Well-Known Member

I have one of the original Bugera 1960 non infinium. It is one heavy head. Sounds good also. I use it mostly as pedal platform and right now as a Bass amp' My bass sounds killer though it into a Big Bertha 2 x15 cab. Also have a Bugera 333xl head that sounds really decent. Nice amps for so little.

12. ampmadscientist

Mesa is a copy of a Marshall is a copy of a Fender....same thing in a different wrapper.

13. ibmorjamn

ibmorjamn Well-Known Member

Congrats I like , I had the T50 infinitum I was looking at the 333 what I guess is triple rec but I just sold my Single Rec. Mainly because I never play it. Next chapter in my journey.

Marker likes this.
  14. WienerDog

WienerDog Member

I love my 1960 Infinium head. With the master volume off the amp is as loud as anything -- but the cleans are heavenly. The amp also sounds good with the master volume engaged, but it became AWESOME after I put a Tech 21 Q Strip EQ in the effects loop. It allows me to cut down the volume and tame the treble.

15. Deep Purple fan

Deep Purple fan Well-Known Member

Nice review. Congrats and good luck. The features on that amp are very impressive. I had the original 1960. It stacked up nicely versus a Marshall SLP I had but it died on day 2 or 3 so I sent it back. The infinium models appear improved and more reliable. With Carvin gone, it’s got to be the best bang for the buck available. I think if they put it in a Plexi style head box like Friedman does it would really take off.

16. JimiRules

JimiRules Well-Known Member

I came very close to pulling the trigger on one of these last week when Sweetwater had their special financing available on them, but I read lots of reviews where people said theirs died within days of getting it. I'm currently gigging my YJM and I love the tone, but I'm getting weary of taking it out for fear that something is going to happen to it. The 1960 Infinium is a very attractive alternative with similar features for a fraction of the price.

17. Deep Purple fan

Deep Purple fan Well-Known Member

The amp I was talking about was the first version...non infinium. The new infinium amps have a much better track record. I would not hesitate picking one up.

18. johan.b

johan.b Well-Known Member

If they were as unreliable as their reputation says, they'd been out of business years ago..

Bluesrock and solarburnDSL50 like this.
  19. Gunner64

Gunner64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

And we have a guy here who is company rep who has helped a few guys out with tech problems, Can't beat that.

Shane Sipe and solarburnDSL50 like this.
  20. solarburnDSL50

With my Infinium's I've cranked the shit out of them. Only issues I've had is bad power tube failures in the 1990I. Change the fuse and up and running. No other component/collateral damage.

Bugera's Shane Sipe has been stellar at support.