My Nation"s Capital Under Attack

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by 33KHD, Oct 22, 2014.

1. 33KHD

33KHD Well-Known Member

The Reservist serving as an Honour Guard at the National War Memorial in Ottawa did not survive the 3 -point blank shots fired into him a little over 3 hrs ago.

The photo of tourists trying to save him with CPR seems to have been removed from the news web-sites since his death was confirmed moments ago. I can't recall a more powerful photo since 9/11.

The world just changed for me again.

2 soldiers killed on their home soil in 3 days.

2. NewReligion

NewReligion Well-Known Member VIP Member

Damn damn damn! I hate to hear this. I am so tired of this crap. I believe too many North American and European nations haved turned a cheek too often and need to deal with terrorizing individuals (all criminal and terrorist) and otherwise in a manner as to deter the BS. We have been too soft too long.

I am saddened and sickened by the state of world affairs as it pertains to most current events and my personal view of human rights. Don't Tread On Me.

As I am sure I will get flamed now for having said so I will state that I have served for more than a quarter of a century in the military with all of the worlds best and lost many. With peace must come the ability and willingness to exercise justice both Foreign & Domestic. Unfortunately I now cary a 40 cal on my person too often and my home and auto house 12 gauge shot guns loaded with 00 and slugs. Damn sad state of affairs indeed.

I appologize for crossing any forum rules or offending anyone else and thier rights.

Just my opinion and $.02 Never Surrender...David ♫

3. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

t's & p's out to my Canadian brothers/sisters...

33KHD likes this.
  4. blues_n_cues

blues_n_cues Well-Known Member VIP Member

Grenade likes this.
  5. 33KHD

33KHD Well-Known Member

Hard to believe that we can go on heightened alert after 2 soldiers were run over in a parking lot, killing one, on Monday and on Wed a guy carrying a long gun can walk into our House of Commons and start shooting.

Not sure if I'm more angry at the circumstance or ashamed in our complacency...

6. 33KHD

33KHD Well-Known Member

I have long avoided political debate here but I'm furious by what has gone on here for the last 3 days.

Todays events are still unraveling but the guy that killed Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent on Mon was on a Terrorist Watch list and had his passport revoked a few months ago.

That the doors were left wide open to the Commons today is unfathomable to me.

Yes Civil Liberties must prevail, but with the chatter that CSIS picked up over the weekend, I can't believe we were so ill prepared.

My thoughts with all our Servicemen and women today. You have a tough road ahead to protect the freedoms that my grandfathers fought to preserve, and what I have been so fortunate to enjoy for 4+ decades without the need to pick up arms. Stay strong.

7. Frodebro

Frodebro Well-Known Member

The scary thing is that it's not any particular nation all these guys are targeting, it's basically open season on westerners (which includes Europe).

8. blues_n_cues

blues_n_cues Well-Known Member VIP Member

it's pretty much any & all nations period.
    well,there's Mexico & the Western 3rd world but what's the point there?
    they have an open door to get here so why ruin it.

9. The Ozzk

The Ozzk Well-Known Member

This is a sad, sad day for Canadians.

It's obvious these people hate for no reason. They haven't seen united Canadians, they will now.

God bless him. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

We will get to the bottom of this. And justice will be served.

10. 33KHD

33KHD Well-Known Member

Weeks before Remembrance Day this seems to be hitting me hard...maybe I'll grab a torch and pitchfork and drive to Ottawa.

I'd take a couple of my skeet guns but traveling in Canada with firearms is such a pain...well, for a law abiding citizen that is...

Maybe I'll just read Vimy again and be thankful there are those who will stand strong for me while I hug my sons a little tighter tonight.

Söulcaster and The Ozzk like this.
  11. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member

The real question is what kind of legislation will be introduced as a result of this and how will it affect Canadian citizens rights? I would anticipate some form of gun control at the very least, among other things.

12. Vinsanitizer

Vinsanitizer 2017 Limited Edition 'Floaties' Promo VIP Member

+1

R.Kandy likes this.
  13. 33KHD

33KHD Well-Known Member

The only thing stronger than our current laws is an outright ban.

As it is there isn't a gun range in the City of Toronto. By-laws introduced after the "Summer of the Gun" closed them down. We have the Pan-Am games next year, shooting sports will be held outside of TO for the above reason.

If you own a farm you can hunt and remove pests, but you can't teach your son to plink with a .22, that has to be done at a certified range. The Club I belonged to had to close 1 field and restrict use on another to conform to newly enforced range laws.

I won't even go into our handgun laws...

The Ozzk and poeman33 like this.
  14. poeman33

poeman33 Well-Known Member

It's scary as shit. A few days ago they raised the terror threat to medium...they knew something was up, and now at least two innocent people who's job was to protect our country are dead. WTF??? Maybe these were just two nutballs, (still don't know if it was just one guy in Ottawa) but it sure sounds like an outside force is urging them on. And they are telling us nothing. Yeah, Ottawa is locked down, but that is not the only Government. What about provincial Governments? They aren't being told anything or talking extra precautions. It pisses me off.

Of course we are a target...we fought with our allies. Too many Canadians have died over this senseless religious war that we should have no part in.

Yeah...political and religious...I know what will happen to my comments, but I needed to say it.

15. poeman33

poeman33 Well-Known Member

Absolutely right! And there were already some comments on CBC that this was a gun control issue. What a load of bullshit. This has nothing to do with gun control. This was not a legal gun act. The summer of the gun was done with illegal weapons. Making them illegal won't stop anything. And if it wasn't guns...it would be something else. Just like what is happening in Toronto, now the punks are using knifes. This is violence and more laws won't stop it. We have to go down hard on the offenders. If the Ottawa assault turns out to be another attack based on some ridiculous belief system, like the guy who went after the soldiers in Quebec...then we need to go after them hard!

CaptainZero and Söulcaster like this.
  16. BlackSG91

BlackSG91 Well-Known Member

It's sad what just happened in Ottawa, but I think this has all been set-up by our ever-so-trusting government (sarcasm) to slowly take away our civil liberties like the way they are trying to crush unions up here...I can sense it in my bones. The G20 conference in Toronto 2010 is a perfect example.;) We all know how very secretive they are...FFS!:mad:

;>))

anitoli, NewReligion and Vinsanitizer like this.
  17. Darth Federer

Darth Federer New Member

I would just like to say three cheers to wizened old Sargeant at Arms. Damn shame for the soldier at the war memorial. Sometimes kindness can be a weakness unfortunately.

Greatwhitenorth, poeman33 and 33KHD like this.
  18. 33KHD

33KHD Well-Known Member

The shit in Ottawa started at 1000 hrs, at 1300 hrs today, Queens Park was open and school kids were taking tours. I've never yelled at my radio so loud.

Yes, we are a Nation of honest, apologetic and kind folk. We will be very friendly as we get our asses handed to us by the 90...well 88 now, that elect to follow a cause I'll never understand.

OK...almost done venting.

poeman33 likes this.
  19. Vinsanitizer

Vinsanitizer 2017 Limited Edition 'Floaties' Promo VIP Member

I wish I could comment so bad it burns.
    But I'd be banned in less than 15 mins.
    Not that that matters, but it'd be pointless.
    Anyway, Godspeed.

20. Frodebro

Frodebro Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I agree wholeheartedly with whatever it is that you aren't going to post.

CaptainZero and Vinsanitizer like this.