My Marshall Got Me In Trouble Today

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by BluesRocker, Aug 10, 2009.

1. cptnkrunch

cptnkrunch New Member

Yeah the PPD was pretty cool back in the days. When we would play the kegger house parties we usually new when they got there cause you would suddenly be hearing just the drums after they trip the main breaker. Damn near everyone was underage, drinking, burning a bowl and I don't ever remember anyone getting cited or arrested, they would just politely ask us to turn it way down or break it up. We would also have these huge desert parties with a U-haul full of kegs, bands and the sheriffs dept would be at the hwy directing traffic in and out of the desert entrance. I really doubt that would be the case now.

2. Viking62

Viking62 Well-Known Member

One day I set up my stack on the back porch pointing across the river to the next suburb some 3 kilometres away. I guess sound carries pretty well over water cause within a couple of hours I got a knock on the door from the cops in that suburb. I thought it pretty amazing at the time and thought why didnt they just call the cops on my side of the river....Ha ha

3. Roadburn

Roadburn New Member

Parties like this???

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQdY0LCqoeg&NR=1[/ame]

4. Trower74

Trower74 New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhpPorKGZDA&feature=related[/ame]

If you guys all had a MG15CD like me the cops would fear you! It's a fact, BTW, what the hell is this dude saying at the beginning of this vid?

5. Roadburn

Roadburn New Member

I dunno, some cheesy guitarplayer is making too much noise... :fingersx:
    B.t.w. the dude is none other then John Garcia. One of the best voices in rock.

6. Trower74

Trower74 New Member

7. cptnkrunch

cptnkrunch New Member

Pretty much, add a stage, kinda guessing on attendance but I'd say around a 1,000 people at least and a police copter with a spotlight on the crowd for a few mins and everyone flipp'n em off and yeah just like that one. Still not sure how we got away with it, these were 40-50 keg parties and out a hand at times. Was helping a band called Loosely Tight for any Zonies that remember that far back. Those were some great times back in the day at least from what I can remember.

8. Roadburn

Roadburn New Member

Are you sure?

[​IMG]

Looks like I have to make some calls to get the rest of my cd's back... always the same when you lend people stuff...

9. Trower74

Trower74 New Member

Those were some great times back in the day at least from what I can remember.
    REMINDS ME OF THE 70'S
    JOSH HOMME IS THAT GUY
    Roadburn; the evidence is in, you are a stoner!

10. cptnkrunch

cptnkrunch New Member

Yep, late 70's to early 80's.. somewhere in there anyway.

11. Trower74

Trower74 New Member

A MARSHALL AND A DOOB GO TOGETHER LIKE LOVE AND MARRIAGE, GO TOGETHER LIKE A HORSE AND CARRIAGE ETC. cough cough

12. Trower74

Trower74 New Member

AAAA DOOBIE AND A MARSHALL, GO TOGETHER LIKE A HORSE AND CARRIAGE, LIKE LOVE AND MARRIAGE etc cough cough

I HAD TO SUBMIT THIS TWICE BECAUSE I COULDN'T REMEMBER IF I SUBMITTED IT THE FIRST TIME!

13. shonie777

shonie777 New Member

I remember big ass kegger parties in Deer Valley back in the days...man those were the days....I barely remember them.

I don't live in the Phx/Metro area anymore, not since '83. I live in Northern AZ now, but when I do goto the PHX/Metro area, I have to drive down I-17 past Deer Valley. It's all housing now, but it was all desert back in the days.

I hit up a massive new years party there in early 80something. It was massive. Chicks, tons of beer (100 Kegs or something like that) and bands jammin. I woke up in the back of a stationwagon nekkid with 2 chicks. I sure wish I remembered that.

The last thing I remembered that night was a Volkswagon beetle burning and my bro telling me he had to go and pick up his wife from work.

14. cptnkrunch

cptnkrunch New Member

Yep that was the keg party area Deer Valley. We used to go shooting and dirt bike riding on the N side of Bell Rd. I was there a few yrs ago for the first time since I left in 85-86 and wow what a change all the desert where we used to go party and ride was full of houses. I remember when Pinacle Peak and Reata Pass was in the boonies not now.

15. slash38

slash38 Active Member

Luckily my neighbor and my dad is a musician so i can paly as loud as iwant to.

16. MartyStrat54

MartyStrat54 Well-Known Member

All this talk about parties in the north Phoenix area has me home sick. Deer Valley was awesome. I can remember some massive keg parties. All of that area is going to grow into one huge piece of real estate. Take New River for instance. It was miles away from any place and then it got Phoenix zip codes and the people flocked there to build houses. New River used to have an ordinance that said no house could be built on less than a 5 acre lot. When the developers got there, man did that change ever so fast.

Here's to Phoenix and her glory days.:cheers::cheers::cheers::applause::applause::applause:

17. Theycallmesabz

Theycallmesabz Member

i live with 2 of my best friends, both of which, are cops. one of them has dsl 100 full stack hahahaha :)

aint life grand

18. Trower74

Trower74 New Member

Last night I was jammin on my MG15CD at Level 3...I have an EPI LES PAUL so you know those humbuckers were really pushing the MG. Anyway, I was also using an Overdrive pedal and the next thing I know I hear a helicopter overhead AND SEE LIGHTS FLASHING IN MY WINDOWS. Then I hear bullhorns and hear SWAT vehicles pulling up. A bivowac line is established in the street and I hear "Turn off the MG15CD you are in violation of United Nations laws against Weapons of Mass Destruction and noise polution. So I plug in my karaoke machine and begin signing "High Hopes" by Frank Sinatra using drop D tuning to accompany the song. I scream out "Cease and desist and leave the area before I turn this sucker up to 4 and start to do some real damage." It got real tense for a few minutes as I belted out a few more lines from Franks song (I did this just to prove to the Federal jack-booted goons that I wasn't messing around.) Next thing you know the lights stopped flashing and the SWAT team disappeared. So I say to myself "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF AN MG15CD!" These are true facts recounted to the best of my ability as I remember them. Any updates on this situation and I'll post it all right here for you guys to ponder on.

19. tonefreak

tonefreak New Member

lol :lol:

20. HumanJHawkins

HumanJHawkins Active Member

A small atomic blast, yeah. But what about a full Marshall stack? :)