My boss dd-3 died

Discussion in 'The Tone Zone' started by chromeboy, Sep 20, 2019.

1. chromeboy

chromeboy Active Member

Hey guys don't know wtf happened but this morning I fired up my rig, plugged in and started playing when I notice that my dd-3 wasn't on. So, I stepped on it and the light came on for a split second the went off again. Now I am using an ispot pro power supply so it wasn't a.battery thing. So I unplugged it and let it sit for a bit then plugged it back in but it is doing the exact same thing.
    Can't figure out why it just stopped working. I have left the power on my pedal board on before over night but never had a problem before so what gives?
    So I went out and bought a tc electronic the prophet digital delay pedal. Works fine and is usable but not quite as nice as the dd-3.
    Anyone know what could have made the dd-3 just stop working?

2. Gutch220

Gutch220 Well-Known Member

how old is it?

You're probably going to have to open it up and look at components/etc, take DMM measurements. maybe post some pics on here.

3. Trelwheen

Trelwheen Well-Known Member

It died TWICE?

:facepalm:

4. chromeboy

chromeboy Active Member

Not twice, I was just trying to see whether the power cable was bad and put a battery in it but the results were the same. Anyway I bought another delay pedal to hold me over til I can have someone look at it. I would do it myself but have never done any type of electronics repair before so I wouldn't even know what to look for or even what I was looking at.

5. South Park

South Park Active Member

Put the battery back in and see what happens.sounds like a power issue or the jacks are used as switches might need cleaning

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  6. Sir Don

Sir Don Well-Known Member

Faulty switch?

7. El Gringo

El Gringo Well-Known Member

I had a BOSS DD-5 forever which crapped out and then I replaced it with a BOSS DD-7 , nothing unfortunately lasts forever .