Mg30dfx

Discussion in 'The Workbench' started by jim2272, Apr 3, 2015.

1. jim2272

jim2272 New Member

Can anybody steer me toward information on the power supply of the MG30DFX ? I realize that the power supply is too small- I would like to put some more amps in my amp.

2. slowcorrado

slowcorrado New Member

I'm interested in similar information as well, just picked 2 of these up. (both work and sound pretty good) I have heard others complaining but haven't had any problems yet?

3. jim2272

jim2272 New Member

So far I've found that 4700uf caps are needed instead of 2200uf. Does anybody know the ampacity of the power transformer?
    Seems like somebody should have a modded MG30DFX that they would like to share.
    Yeah, my neighbors have been complaining and I've had a couple of problems. (ha-ha) I would still like to know where I can purchase a bigger transformer or I'm going to have to tear it down.
    I've noticed that there is nowhere to breathe on the MG30DFX. (makes me want to put a muffin fan on one side and put a grille on the other but don't quote me 'cause I haven't taken the amp apart yet.
    I'll get back in a few days.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
    Archie_D likes this.
  4. Ghostman

Ghostman Well-Known Member

Is this a late April fools? :scratch: