Marshall YJM Gas.........

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by Blcws6, Aug 14, 2014.

1. dash8311

dash8311 Well-Known Member

YJM tone:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPAbOvBPXhs"]AC/DCs "Gone Shootin'" w/ YJM100 & The Schaffer Replica[/ame]

2. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

One just sold (in 2 days) locally for €2100 ($2815) not too far from where I live.

dslman likes this.
  3. John 14:6

John 14:6 Well-Known Member

You are wrong on multiple levels. First of all many YJM100's have already sold for over $3000. There are four currently listed on Ebay and the cheapest one is listed for $2895. The most recent selling price for one was $2695 plus $75 shipping. The most I have ever seen one sell for is a hair under $3500 after shipping was factored in.

The YJM100 is already a highly sought after and prized Marshall. You don't have to wait twenty years before it will be worth something. It makes my old JVM sound like a toy. I lost money on my JVM. I will make money on my YJM100 should I ever choose to sell it.

My analogy with the JVMJS was spot on. I realize that the Satriani amp, with the exception of the blue ones, are production model amps. They are easy to find and they are still running $2600 on average. My YJM100 is a limited edition amp and that raises its value right off the bat. Most people who own them LOVE them and are not willing to part with them, at least not for cheap. I could care less about a warranty. There are only certain people I will let work on my amps in the first place. A well taken care of YJM100 fetches between $2500 and $3000 quite often.

Here is a great review of the YJM100. Tony gave it a 10 out of 10. The damage noted on the bottom of the amp was later determined to be from the guy who opened the box at the store. I guess he cut it with a knife. Tony hates the original JVM, but liked the Satriani revision which he gave an 8 out of 10. He said he only gave the Satriani amp an 8 because the YJM100 was a 10. The JVMJS was a very good amp, but the YJM100 is a GREAT amp.

http://www.tonymckenzie.com/yjm100_review.htm

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--CSLX066J0"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=--CSLX066J0[/ame]

dslman likes this.
  4. marshallmellowed

marshallmellowed Well-Known Member

Wow, was just reading all these posts and had to laugh. Who really cares if the YJM will be collectable, or who is willing to pay $3000 for one? If there are people that think they have to have a YJM for life to continue :run:, and have $3000 to blow on one, they are going to buy it. If someone thinks YJM's are bringing more money on the used market than they are worth :facepalm:, they should move on and buy an amp they think is worth the money they have to spend. Beyond that, it really doesn't matter who is willing to pay what for an amp, any amp.

5. dreyn77

dreyn77 Well-Known Member

I don't think there has been a large S/H price increase for any other marshall amp before the YJM.
    most of people's thinking towards this amp has come from conversations.

1 conversation and it's very 1 sided came from Antertons youtube clip from chap & the cap.
    I don't think they have a sound in their mind which is a bad sound.
    so every word they say is "this thing is great!" (give us your money).
    We've realised TV news is full of lies, so now we have to realise internet product news is full of flattering speak.
    such as "Oh! you look lovely in that tunic mrs jones. buy it now!"

If the youtubeists came out of the closet and said, "the YJM is limited to 3 models of pickup". do you think that would inspire the big sales numbers of the yjm amp?

6. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

The YJM limited to any number of pickups you can cram into your guitar and what pickups you like the sound of. The amp can't somehow only sound good with 3 specific pickups. I've yet to hear a bad sounding guitar through this amp. Even my cheapo $50 Strat rip off sounds pretty good. My Epiphone LP100 sounds phenomenal through my YJM with the stock pickup and the SD Phat Cat I put in it for a while.

Regarding the text highlighted in red: :lol::lol::lol: :applause:

dslman and blues_n_cues like this.
  7. FennRx

FennRx Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

:lol::lol:

dslman likes this.
  8. dreyn77

dreyn77 Well-Known Member

Oh you watched the TV re-runs of 'Mork and mindy', yesturday too! :)

"Nanoo Nanoo"!

Shazbot!

9. John 14:6

I quit reading that guys posts because they just make my head hurt.:D I guess he is trying to say that only a few pickups sound good through a Marshall Plexi? A non-master volume Marshall can sound quite different depending on the guitar or the player. Most of the guys with negative comments have probably never played through a YJM100 or a cranked non-master volume amp. The YJM100 gets that sound even at reasonable volume levels and this is the main reason it is so cool. Plus the other features such as auto bias, reverb, boost and noise gate. The power scaling feature is beyond cool. With my YJM100 I have my best tone ever and I was able to sell my Rivera Rockcrusher attenuator and my ISP Pro Rack G noise suppressor. I don't need them anymore.

Redstone and blues_n_cues like this.
  10. JimiRules

JimiRules Well-Known Member

I agree. Why would any of us YJM owners lie or mislead someone who asks about the amp? It's not like we're going to we're going to see any of the cash if the guy decides to buy it.

John 14:6 and poeman33 like this.
  11. blues_n_cues

blues_n_cues Well-Known Member VIP Member

all I can say is for myself,
    ANYTHING for $2000 better have a motor & float* or get me to work & back & NO DAMN AMP OF ANY KIND does either of those things.::applause:

*- that's a boat for the simple folk.:lol:

MonstersOfTheMidway likes this.
  12. big dooley

big dooley Well-Known Member VIP Member

please don't let that clown getting involved in this...
    i'd rather read dreyn stuff then take his reviews serious

MonstersOfTheMidway and dash8311 like this.
  13. dslman

dslman Well-Known Member

Funny how people take pop shots at Yngwie when the topic is the YJM amp. Just listen carefully to the previous posted clip of AlexK ,who is one of the best Yngwie style players I've seen, using a totally different guitar and pickups through the YJM. That debunks some of what has been said here, including the pop shots. If I ever am blessed to get one, It will sit on top of my 2203. :)

John 14:6 likes this.
  14. dash8311

dash8311 Well-Known Member

Just thinking that myself...

I won't contribute to the discussion with anything less than I love my YJM. Owners of this amp will understand.

FennRx likes this.
  15. big dooley

big dooley Well-Known Member VIP Member

make no mistake, i had an occasional play on my bandmate's YJM, who uses a PG detox EQ on it to get a clean sound and a shaffer replica pedal for a boost and it's a fantastic amplifier, hands down

but tony mckenzie is just too much full of utter bullshit, to give him ANY credit on whatever review he does...

16. indeedido

indeedido Active Member

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains...
    Explain the pricing on the silver jubilees. They're old. They were limited. Seems like the value today is higher than when they were new.

John 14:6 and dslman like this.
  17. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

Just as an aside, I saw an early 60's Ferrari GTO sold for $34 million last week to set a new car auction record. Who would pay $34 million for an old, beat racing car? Someone who just has to have a GTO! Same with the YJM...it's nowhere near worth $3k to me but if I had money to burn I'd buy one.

Ken

dslman likes this.
  18. JimiRules

JimiRules Well-Known Member

Exactly. Luckily I was one of the ones who got their YJM for far less than $3k. Had $3k been the price that I would have had to pay for one I'd be lying if I said that I would have pulled the trigger instantly. I doubt I'd have one. If the OP wants one, and can swing that price then more power to him. It's definitely a nice amp to have, and if he's wanting a Plexi type amp then I have no doubt he'd be happy with it. If not, then he's in a good position to more than likely sell it for what he paid for it, or worst case scenario take a small loss.

19. AllenCollinsExplorer

AllenCollinsExplorer Well-Known Member

Get the YJM! It's the best amp I've ever heard/played. It get's me all my favorite sounds! From Lynyrd Skynyrd to Deep Purple, from Whitesnake to (insert any 70's Rock band or any kind of band, that used/use a Super Lead).

It's just killer and even based on my favorite Marshall (1972 Super Lead) ever. My second favorite would be a Marshall Major.

:rock:

20. John 14:6