Marshall St1 Pcb Order - Anyone Interested?!??

Discussion in 'Building the Classics' started by rmroza, Mar 25, 2018.

1. rmroza

rmroza Active Member

I was gonna put in a more robust board and have some clones ST1 boards done. The cost looks like 126.84 or about $31-32/ea for 4pc. I only need 1. Anyone interested in going on?? If we get more than 4, of course the boards will come down significantly. For instance, i just ran 10pc thru MyRoPCB with a 6d lead time. The cost is $139.59, or about $14 per board!!

This is for 2mm green board with 2oz/ft2 copper

Here is the board layout. The board measures 12" x 3.160"

Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. danfrank

danfrank Well-Known Member

Those are nice quality boards but pricey! If you only need one, why don't you just cut a piece of FR4 or G10 fiberglass to size and solder the components together with their leads, or small pieces of wire if you need extra length? Kind of like a point to point PCB. It will work just as well as the copper PCB you can order and will be much less expensive to build that way.

3. BowerR64

BowerR64 Well-Known Member

I remember in the 80s when i took an electronics class in HS they had these blank copper boards that you drew the traces on with a marker and then soaked the boards in some kind of solution and it etched away everything but was written in ink. I dont remember what we made though but we even drilled the holes and everything. The pen reminded me of a sharpie but im sure it was something else

4. danfrank

danfrank Well-Known Member

5. rmroza

rmroza Active Member

I already created a clone board printing out the circuit 1:1 aspect ratio on photo paper, ironing on and ferric chloride. It worked just fine, but I want a more professional quality board...thicker 2mm or 3mm FR4 material and also thick traces with 2oz/ft2.

I just want a more robust board and thought maybe others might also. I don't think Marshall offers these for same, so need to clone them by recreating and sending out to get produced.

I have interest on other boards, so thought interest maybe high here, especially since this is a Marshall forum and Marshall PCB are and always have been junk!...boards thin and you can flex by hand, this copper, poor design like 4210, 2210, etc with thin traces and blown traces not infrequent.