Marshall Alexa Speaker

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Marshall Stack, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Marshall Stack

Marshall Stack Well-Known Member

Anyone seen one of these?

2. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

Sounds kinda cool if ya use Alexa..We got one when we switched satellite providers a few years back, but wound up unplugging the thing..IMO if it can understand what you're saying it can also eavesdrop..:nono:

3. ampmadscientist

ampmadscientist Well-Known Member

Needs a 12" EVM to make me happy.

4. Antmax

Antmax Well-Known Member

I have a Stanmore II with the same features. Don't use the voice control via the built in Mic though. Bluetooth just doesn't sound as good as wired and the WIFI wireless audio is limited to only Spotify on the PC. A shame because I'd love to use it wirelessly vith WIFI audio from my DAW plugins.

I also have the older Woburn model which sounds fantastic with BiasFX and Helix Native. Both those Marshall speakers have that warm valve jukebox sound and are almost audiophile if you use wired sound sources. Do need to EQ slightly to take out some boominess when using software modelers.

Amazing sound for 5 1/4 inch drivers. I've never tried the smaller battery powered portable speakers. Both of mine are larger AC powered. I really like them a lot.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020