Marshall 2555X

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by El Gringo, Nov 12, 2019.

1. El Gringo

El Gringo Well-Known Member

I wanted to ask everyone when ever you have purchased a brand new Marshall amp whether it's an amp head or a combo , have you received the Marshall Factory supplied power cord ? ditto for the footswitch ? I am 0-2 with the Marshall power cord and 1-2 with the footswitch . I would be very curious to hear from others about this please ?

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  2. Kinkless Tetrode

Kinkless Tetrode Well-Known Member

Yes, I got both the foot switch and the power cord, and also a speaker cable with a head.

3. mickeydg5

mickeydg5 Well-Known Member VIP Member

The damn power cord and channel pedal are supposed to be with the amplifier and they usually give a cheap 4 foot or so speaker cable.

The other stuff may be cheap too but I do not know what they currently provide.

4. Theycallmesabz

Theycallmesabz Member

without getting into crazy mods or anything I'd agree to say that is your best bet.

5. El Gringo

The speaker cable was packed with the 4 X 12 both times with a speaker diagram for how to connect which is a good thing .

6. El Gringo

So , Saturday I tried the slave technique that was recommended to me and it did not work . I ran a cable out of the DI output and then into the new 2555X effects loop return and only the amp that I ran the cord out of the DI worked . Yesterday I broke out the Radial Big Shot ABY Pedal and connected both amp heads into the Radial and I had to use the 2 Marshall factory footswitches , but it worked on the first try and I had all 4 volumes on 5's and the sound was loud and massive . First I played clean and I noticed more rumble at my feet which was no big deal . Then I foot switched both amps into the lead channel and at first I was like okay that's a bit more volume . As I was playing and stop and starting to check tuning I noticed the volume was really loud . The sound was really thick to my ears ,the old lady went around the corner and she said she thought it was a little bit louder , but to me by the time I got done playing I was like this is freaking loud . So that's an adjustment right off the bat . What do you folks think about the slave technique not working ? Was I supposed to go out of the other connection from the effects loop which I think is the send ? The Radial Big Shot worked just fine and I did not have to hit the toggle switches for the out of phase or whatever the other 2 switches were . The LED lights did not work as I did not have the power cable and I thought I could power it with a 9 Volt battery which I was wrong about .

7. wmachine

wmachine Well-Known Member

Ditto

[​IMG]

JacksonCharvelAddict likes this.
  8. Rudy v

Rudy v Active Member

For your footswitch use y cable will work as for aby i use a ibanez ac adaptor the ac-1o9 15746939676842882618295127842370.jpg

9. JacksonCharvelAddict

JacksonCharvelAddict Well-Known Member

I ordered my 2555x stack brand new. The head had a speaker cable, power cord, and the standard Marshall footswitch. The Cabs each came with a basic Speaker cable.

Mitchell Pearrow and El Gringo like this.
  10. El Gringo

Thank You kindly for the help and I will look for a Y cord . I will have to look at home for a ac adaptor as I know I have a BOSS one at home ,which the manual said it would work . The funny thing about this is when ever I get something new like this I have to start looking around at home for my accessories which if I had everything kept together would make things a lot easier . I guess I am guilty of out of sight and out of mind .

11. El Gringo

You were very lucky that you got all of your accessories . I am happy that both heads and cabs came to me without a hair out of place . The accessories is a nuisance issue besides the downtime before full blasting off .

12. JacksonCharvelAddict

JacksonCharvelAddict Well-Known Member

I had no idea this was an issue. My head came directly from Marshall and was still sealed. I wonder if mine was ok since I ordered it when the 2555x had just come out. The 2555x has been discontinued for a few years now so I wonder if people are getting refurbished heads or there is some vendor shenanigans going on. I can't imagine A UK built Marshall not having everything in place.

El Gringo likes this.
  13. El Gringo

Both times , first time in 2015 when they were first reissued and again now as I just got it after special ordering it in early August . This was factory sealed from Bletchley , and this was the real deal and sometimes they forget stuff and things .

14. El Gringo

Can I ask where you got your Y cable ? Is there any special terminology that I should use to look for this cord ? To me it looks like a 1/4 female into 2 males . Just in case I don't know the correct terminology in order to find the right Y cord please ?

15. Rudy v

Rudy v Active Member

Two wires connected together two hot and the two ground 15747066284133213399264512809714.jpg

El Gringo likes this.
  16. Rudy v

Rudy v Active Member

Here is the one for my peavey 5150s it is all temporary that female should be in a smal box but it Works thats it

Attached Files:

17. mickeydg5

mickeydg5 Well-Known Member VIP Member

The DI output is pro line level at +4dB so any "slave" has to be able to use that level of signal.
    The effects loop in there is consumer or general effects line level at -10dB.

So it would be better to come out of effects SEND jack or last pedal/effects unit and go into both amplifier's RETURN jacks.

18. El Gringo

Thank you for your kind help .

19. El Gringo

Thank you for your kind help

20. El Gringo

Yesterday , FEDEX did not deliver the Marshall power cord and I checked the tracking # which said it will be delivered today (which it was on the truck for delivery yesterday ) I have no factual evidence but my gut is telling me that it was Sweetwater that messed up with my accessories , because I think when they opened up the boxes upon my request to inspect for any damage and to add extra protection with packing that the power cord and footswitch were not put back in and packed up together with the head . Which all of this has been a minor nuisance , yet at the same time after spending serious treasure for this half stack I am as serious as a heart attack that I will have what I am supposed to be provided with the new amp and cab purchase . This is a pain to have to keep after them . Almost done .