Marshall 2555X

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by El Gringo, Nov 12, 2019.

1. El Gringo

El Gringo Well-Known Member

Greetings , So tomorrow I will be getting my 2nd 2555X and 2551AV half stack to go with my first 2555X and 2551AV half stack . Now I will be able to run them together with the Radial Big Shot ABY pedal , which will run them in phase together (which is a big plus for me , so I don't have to figure out that issue and worry about frying something ) My question is what should I do or use to switch both amps from the clean channel to the lead channel ? Currently I use the Marshall supplied footswitch to go from clean to Lead . Will I have to use both foot pedals ? which would suck and I probably would forget to hit one of the footswitches . So I am trying to figure this out and am drawing a blank ? Also , Sweetwater knocked out of the park for me by getting it in less than 6 months , as I ordered it in the beginning of August , and now it has been 3 and a half months wait time which wasn't to bad . Sweetwater upon my request broke open the factory seals to inspect for tears and dings and dents and broken glass and provided me with photos , and also extra packing for protection . Which was mandatory as I do know that stuff gets knocked around in transit and the extra packing / bubble wrap / Styrofoam and such goes a long way for protection to get that amp and cab home to me in a safe and undamaged manner ! Seriously Sweetwater providing the goods and the SERVICE , which I cant recommend enough to all my Forum bros and Ladies . This weekend the decibels will be enormous in my neck of the woods . Thanks in advance for your valuable advice !

2. MaskingApathy

MaskingApathy Active Member

The only thing I can think of to switch both heads' channels at the same time is done kind of midi controlled thing that can do it simultaneously. If it were me though, I would run one head clean and the other dirty and switch between the two.

3. El Gringo

I have thought of that also , but I just want to double my firepower . Thanks for your reply .

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  4. Jethro Rocker

Jethro Rocker Well-Known Member Premium Member

I think likely rig up a flat plate over the 2 switches so when you hoof on it they both switch together. No midi etc on a 2555x. If you bought 2 of the Boss FS-5 latching footswitches, they have way larger buttons to attach a plate to plus an LED powered from a battery.
    [​IMG]

5. MaskingApathy

MaskingApathy Active Member

That's probably the quickest/easiest solution.

El Gringo and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  6. headcrash

headcrash Active Member

Gringo, you could also have someone mod your Marshall footswitch with a DPDT switch and two phone jacks.
    This would enable the two heads to be switched at a time with just one switch.

Also some programmable device, most likely one of the various looper-switchers out there with relay Amp switches could do the job and more...

7. Jethro Rocker

Good thinking man!

8. Lance Chambers

Lance Chambers Well-Known Member

All you need is a 1/4" TRS type y-splitter from the foot-switch to each amp....................DONE! :cheers:

9. Jethro Rocker

Jeez you guys are making it even easier!!
    The Jubilee doesn't use a TRS just a mono.

10. Lance Chambers

Lance Chambers Well-Known Member

ok...........mono y-splitter then...........done! :cheers:

11. Jethro Rocker

Well i only mentioned because some TRS spltters send ground and tip to 1 and ground and sleeve to the other which wouldn't work with one of the amps. Splitting hairs, I know.
    Great idea. Real easy and cheap. The switches that come with the Jubilee have a built in cable so I mentioned the Boss. Using the Y cord OP only has to buy 1 Boss.
    Cheers

12. JacksonCharvelAddict

JacksonCharvelAddict Well-Known Member

This looks like a great solution.

El Gringo and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  13. headcrash

headcrash Active Member

...might work, but this may cause a ground loop with its known issues. This is also why a guitar signal splitter should have one output be transformer isolated.

El Gringo likes this.
  14. Mitchell Pearrow

Mitchell Pearrow Well-Known Member

What works for me running 2 amps is the mxr10 band eq, but it’s on all the time and in front of the amps, so if ya need a clean on one just hit that amps footswitch.
    Cheers Mitch

15. El Gringo

Thank You to everyone for your help . Yesterday I got the 2555X amp and 2551 AV Cab delivered to me safely . Asking Sweetwater to break the factory seals and pack extra packing was the right thing to do as both the amp and cabinet came to me in pristine condition without a hair out of place . The UPS driver told me the cab box was the heaviest package on the UPS truck , which kind of surprised me as I know how heavy some packages can be . Now on to good ole Marshall , who just like my first 2555X came without the Marshall supplied power cord , and now in addition to the missing power cord the Marshall supplied footswitch was also missing , along with the owners manual ( as if I don't know what's in it , which is not the point ) and no warranty card as well to fill out which I did it online the first time in 2015 . The cab came with the speaker cord and a manual , not the amp head. The first time in 2015 I contacted Marshall.com and was gladly sent the correct power cord , this morning I went on Marshall.com and was not able to find a way to contact Marshall online or even a contact phone # . So I E-Mailed Sweetwater and I am waiting for a response which I know they will help me out , but I don't want generic stuff as I paid a lot of money and want the correct Marshall supplied power cord and Marshall supplied footswitch .

16. JacksonCharvelAddict

Glad you had them pack it better. When I got my Jube cab in the mail it had a nice tolex scratch across the back.

17. wmachine

wmachine Well-Known Member

Definitely not well boxed from Marshall. My Jube head came unscathed. One cab had a hole larger than a golf ball in box front, you could see through to the grill, but the cab was surprisingly untouched. The other cab had what looked like a large nail hole on the box back that ended up being a large nail head sized tolex tear next to a banged back screw. Good for a few bucks off from the very cooperative dealer, and not an issue with me.
    But there are just the outside boxes and 4 corner bumpers. That's all there is.

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  18. El Gringo

Well I just heard back from the rep from Sweetwater that said when he repacked the amp that he put the white box with the footswitch in the amp head box along with the power cord which of course I am doubtful as I did not find it last night . I told him I would give it a good look over when I get home , but I have already done that 3 times searching for these items .

19. JacksonCharvelAddict

I think the issue is with Fedex. The whole stack was shipped at different times. The packages Fedex had were damaged pretty badly and the UPS boxes looked fine.

El Gringo likes this.
  20. El Gringo

This is exactly why when buying a new Marshall to request from the vendor as I did to have the factory seals broken and to inspect for damage and broken glass as well and to request extra packing to protect from damage during transit . You should have seen the gigantic boxes that Sweetwater used for the amp head , which looked like a speaker cab box loaded with cardboard and bubble wrap , and the cab box had 2 gigantic boxes taped together with the extra cardboard and bubble wrap . When buying brand new Marshall's you should request this as I did and that way you leave nothing to chance because no matter who the shipper is you have extra protection because stuff gets tossed and knocked around during transit .

Mitchell Pearrow and BanditPanda like this.