Marshall 2000 60W TSL602

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by Bonz, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Bonz

Bonz New Member

I have a Marshall 2000 and it has new tubes in it, there about 8 months old the amps volume has never been over 2 since I bought it, It was used. I turned the amp on today and the red light came on with the switch but on sound. I looked at the tubes and none of preamp tube and the power tubes were on. Can some one tell me what would cause this problem.:mad:

2. Jethro Rocker

Jethro Rocker Well-Known Member

Could be potentially lots of things.A power tube could have died and killed a fuse. Usually when the HT fuse goes, the whole thing will not turn on. Other componemts may cause the heaters to fail. Perhaps one of the tech folks will habe more info as to other possible failures. Check fuses first, when in doubt, put in a spare set of tubes to start with.

3. Woods

Woods Active Member

Check the heater fuse..

4. Bonz

Bonz New Member

I checked both fuses 3A and the 500ma before I placed my message they check out with a meter just find

5. Jethro Rocker

There could be a barrage of internal fuses as well. If you are unfamiliar or uncomfortable working around high voltages, do NOT remove the chassis and look for fuses!

6. Bonz

Bonz New Member

I took the chase out and the problem is a blown fuse inside. Can you tell me if this is a indication bigger problems. I want to Thank you help. Bonz

7. Jethro Rocker

Don't know. Depends what fuse and what it's for. Replace it and see if it goes quickly again or is fine. Fuses are there, of course, to prevent further problems but also go for a reason. What that is....??

8. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

Nothing lighting up is usually a fuse or something simple in the AC power input. Change the burnt out fuse and try again. If the second one pops, changing the tubes is the next step.

Ken

9. Murray

Murray Active Member

The blown fuse...F3, T6.3A? If so, the most likely culprits (IMHO) would be either a bad tube or the bridge rectifier (BR1 on the board). F3 is a fused leg of the heater tap that gets AC to the PI & power tube heaters &, thru the BR, DC to V1-V3 heaters.

10. Jethro Rocker

:yesway: Good post! Makes sense. I figured a tech person would chime in at some point!

11. Bonz

Bonz New Member

I replaced the 6.3 amp fuse in the chase all things seem to be working just fine. but I'll have to wait see. Thanks Jethro Rocker for the information about the bridge rectifier. Also I want thank all you rockers for your help. God Bless