Looks like its gonna be a good year for Marshall Amps..

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by SwampThing, Jun 2, 2011.

1. SwampThing

SwampThing New Member

Dont know if this is old news and Ive been under a rock for a minute or this is still in R&D stages...

I guess Zakk is putting out a new Signature Amp!! This time I guess its going to be an actual model run (ie KFK) instead of the 1800 units of his previous. Not too sure about the cosmetics though goto 00:44 sec in...<iframe width="560" height="349" src="YouTube - On The Road with Zakk Wylde video Guitarist Magazine HD" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Wyldefan916

Wyldefan916 New Member

I think this was brought up before but I believe people weren't sure if it was gonna hit a production run. Nice to see.

3. MonstersOfTheMidway

MonstersOfTheMidway Well-Known Member

What I'm wondering is this: is Santiago Alvarez working on this new Zakk Wylde Marshall? He designed the JVM series; he worked on the JCM 800 Kerry King; he worked on the AFD 100; he worked on the YJM100; he is working on Satriani's JVMs for a possible Satriani Marshall series. I'd love to pick up one of these new ZW Marshalls and I do like the work coming from Mr. Alvarez. So, Mr. Alvarez, are you working on the Zakk Wylde Marshall?

4. santiall

santiall Well-Known Member

No, I am not but haven't heard anything about a ZW amp apart from the JCM800 ones with metal grilles and different cosmetics...

5. tonyl

tonyl New Member

Hello Santiago. Yes, you are correct my friend. The JCM800 "Steel Curtain" Zakk Wylde Signature head is a JCM 800 with barbecue grill, 6550 tubes, and from the pictures i see only one input ala 2203kk (high sensitivity i quess). Zakk Wylde on Twitter was posting pictures of it (he had stopped doing it the last months) and he said if it is going to be released it will come with a match cab with his signature EV12L speakers. He said it was going to be a limited edition too.

This amp was designed to assist Zakk Wylde promote his current tour named as "Berzeckus" (correct spell?) and wasnt going to be release as a production line model.
    Here is a nice thread when forum friends talked about it with the last post be from me a couple of months later when i found a video from Musikmesse 2011 where a Marshall guy explains this amp and says that itsnot going to be a production model and it was for tour-onstage tease.

By the way the previous limited edition amp was produced in 2002, limited to a run of 600 units world wide, with 200 of them making their way to the US not 1800. The name was 2203ZW.
    A forum member (JayCM800) found a nice site where you can read more infos about it:

http://www.zakkwyldemarshall.com/marshall_2203zw.htm

Here is the link of the discussion made back then about the "Steel Curtain"

http://www.marshallforum.com/marshall-amps/23588-new-800-zakk.html

Have a nice day all :hippie:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  6. splatter

splatter Member

while Zakk is a Great player but his live tone sux IMHO . So why would anyone want a Zakk Wylde sig Amp or guitar is beyond me

7. Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81 New Member

I love the harmonic squeals every 3 seconds in nearly every song.....:fingersx::confused:

fretfire6 and Snakeface like this.
  8. blues_n_cues

blues_n_cues Well-Known Member VIP Member

i'd like to see a 1959RR w/ a powered loop-that's all i need.:headbanger:

gjohnson likes this.
  9. SwampThing

SwampThing New Member

Thanks dude. Shame its only going to be another "limited run" Thats gay as fuck. The only real "source" i had about his new amp was a Interview he did in Guitarworld where he said something to the effect that he wanted it to be a "production Model" like "Kerry's Amp" blah blah, he couldve been full of shit who knows..

Thanks for the clarification.

10. tonyl

tonyl New Member

anytime :)

11. Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81 New Member

I did hear he stopped drinking. This may be proof hes back on the sauce......:hmm:

12. Crunchcity

Crunchcity New Member

Zakk doesn't need a JVM tech based sig amp imo.

Dave666 likes this.
  13. V-man

V-man New Member

I have no qualms buying sig gear in general, but I do it for this reason IN THIS ORDER:

1. the piece of equipment is intrinsically awesome for my application

2. the piece of equipment is a fitting homage to an artist I respect and admire.

Reason number one ALWAYS trumps reason number two, and in plenty of cases, I would love a piece of signature gear of a player who I absolutely dislike, simply for the potential regarding reason number one.

Love ZW or hate him, his sig 800 was a hell of an amp, as is his sig Flying V. Unfortunately for the sellers, his guitars are too expensive and ugly for my tastes.

14. SwampThing

SwampThing New Member

This like a mofo.

15. MonstersOfTheMidway

MonstersOfTheMidway Well-Known Member

Hello, Mr. Alvarez. Thank you for answer my question. Look forward to more great things from you.

16. SwampThing

SwampThing New Member

Maybe Im alone in this thinking and Im about to get stoned to death, but I wish instead of trying to come up with the latest and greatest thing, Marshall would just expand on whats made them loved in the first place.

For example, the YJM. Take that concept and apply it to an 800, or a JMP or (insert fav amp here) Instead of comin up with something that resembles a NASA board to operate. And you cant tell me that a JCM-800 wouldnt make any coin if it had the same mods as the YJM..

Again my .02

tonyl and JayCM800 like this.
  17. JayCM800

JayCM800 Well-Known Member

Stuff i wanna see:
    2203ZW "steel curtain" production
    JVM with noise gate and EPA
    AFD combo
    Golden Jubilee(?)
    JVM rack preamp
    JMD rack preamp

18. SwampThing

SwampThing New Member

But you wont, I hate to be the negative fuckin nancy, but chances are the YJM, Steel Curtain are going to be limited runs that will never hit the players that love em. AFD Combo would be cool too.

Im telling you a JCM-800 with all the trimmings that the YJM has would be brilliant. It would be what they tried to do with the 900 series. Remember the slogan that said "No more needing to hot rod your amp" Well that would never be truer.

19. JayCM800

JayCM800 Well-Known Member

JCM800 2210X!!! Chanel switcher reissue with EPA and auto bias!:dude:

:wave:

20. V-man

V-man New Member

Oh, wishlist time?

2204 RI with FX loop AND power scaling, V.I. & auto bias. JMP or JCM flavor will do.